Winter Rainbows after 2015 winter loss

Happy belated birthday Bernie and I can't believe you're having Jameson on Monday!!!! It's amazing that our first rainbow is joining us already. <3

Hopie sorry this wasn't your month...Baby dust for you next month! Although they can be a pain and take away from the spontaneity I found temping and opk's really helpful. Without them I probably would have missed my window because I didn't ovulate until day 21 the cycle I conceived Thomas.

Blu it is getting so close for you too!! How are the renos coming?

How are you Jaspie?

We had Thomas's ultrasound yesterday but it was a bit of a bust. The machine was *ancient* so the images were grainy and he was almost unrecognizable as a baby. It was literally a close encounter of the blurred kind. To top it off they charged us $13 for 4 photos, 2 of which are so badly blurred you can't even make out what they are. :dohh:

The sonographer also wouldn't tell us anything, so I'll have to wait until Monday to discuss the results with my midwife. We did get to see the heartbeat and Thomas moving on screen though.

Hope everyone has nice weekend plans. It's down to crunch time for our renos so DH and his friend will be tearing out carpet and moving furniture all weekend while I clean and pack boxes.

Hey Fit, so sorry the scan was a letdown, we had a scan with DS at 37 weeks as the midwife thought he was breech and all we saw was a mass of arms and legs lol.
We had the decorator back on Thursday so the nursery is all painted and were going to order the carpet this morning &#128513; I'm off work on Wednesday so hoping they can fit it then and I can sort the rest of the room by next week. We are reusing the cot, wardrobe and changer we had when DS was a baby so that's cut the cost hugely, we just need a new mattress and I've bought new decor. I'll be glad to have it ready now though and I've also started packing my hospital bag.
Were off to a Christmas market tomorrow so hoping to stock up on some goodies for the festive season.
Bernie I'm so excited for Monday for you, hope you have a great birthday?
Hopie, I have everything crossed for next cycle for you, it WILL happen soon I know it. I never temped or anything so can't advice with that but Fit may have a good point. How are you feeling?
Jaspie how's plans with the new house coming along? Can't believe you're very nearly in 3rd tri!
Hope you all have a great weekend.
Ps I'm going to have to get email adds for you girls as my tablet won't let me post pics so I can mail you pics of baby when he arrives xx

Eeek Bernie 2 more sleeps! I can't believe it! How are you feeling?
Fit sorry the scan was so blurry! Can't believe they had the cheek to charge you for pics too when they are clearly impossible to see. Hope you have a successful weekend sorting the house out.
Hopie I agree with fit, temping and opks taught me so much about my cycle and ensures you don't miss your window, your timing could be off so if you nail that down you have a much higher chance especially as it happened quickly before. Opks are super easy to use if you don't want the commitment of temping every day. Used together though the opks tell you when you're ovulating and the temping confirms you have actually ovulated so you can be sure your timing is spot on. Fingers crossed for you next cycle!!
Blu sounds like the nursery is well underway! Can't believe you're next!! Definitely we need to swap emails so we can see pictures of baby Blu! How many weeks do you have left?
I can't believe I'm almost in 3rd tri either!! Time is going so fast. We've been really productive over the last few days and chosen a sofa and chair set for the lounge, ordered our bed and chosen our buggy. Seen some nice cots and nursery furniture on Ikea website too. Really can't wait to just get in there now and start making it our home and getting the nursery ready.
Hope you all have a great weekend, we're going to do some packing and I'm going to make a cake. Still got some pumpkin puree in the freezer so going to make spiced pumpkin bread mmmm. I can pretend that it sort of isn't as naughty as a regular cake &#128514;

Pumpkin bread sounds amazing please send some my way?!! Ha. We sorted the carpet yesterday and its being fitted on Tuesday so my day off on Wednesday will be spent organising the nursery &#9786;
Sounds like you're organised now too and IKEA have some fab stuff in at the moment.
Looking forward to the Christmas market today xx

Bernie can't believe it's your big day!! Eek! So excited for you and know you'll do great! Can't wait to hear about Baby Jameson joining the world. :happydance:

That's great about the new furniture Jaspie, new stuff is the best! And pumpkin bread, mmm. I got some pumpkin spiced Greek yogurt from the grocery store. OMG. SO delicious. When do you move to your new house?

Blu that's great that the decorating is going so well and that you're close to getting the nursery squared away. So close for you too! Yes we'll definitely have to exchange emails, I can't wait to "meet" Baby Blu! Hope the Christmas market is nice - I haven't even begun to think of Xmas shopping, my brain has been so occupied with renos.

Got our carpet ripped out this weekend, flooring is going to be done next weekend - finally! Our house will look so nice and then we can finally get Thomas's nursery set up. <3 50 days till Thomas's due date!

Good luck Bernie, cant wait to hear all about it &#9786;

Hi friends! Bernie- we are all anxiously awaiting your news. :) I had Wednesday in my mind, but I see from the girl's posts above, you were going to be induced on Monday. Thinking of you!

Fit- sorry the scan images were so blurry but just so great you saw him moving all around! You guys sure have gotten a lot of nursery work done. Almost just 45 days to go! Funny you mentioned that pumpkin greek yogurt- I was going to buy it the other day..now that you say it is so good, I will.

Jaspie- I had leftover puree and made pumpkin bread too! Yes, it is much healthier than real cake. ;) Nice job on getting so much furniture taken care of for your new home, Jaspie! I love the way you guys in UK call a stroller, a buggy. I'm going to take up that term!
Thank you both for the tips on temping, etc. I should be doing it. This month's window is out since it is this week and I have felt too sick to even look at DF! My stomach has been terrible for days. (ever since I hate half a pumpkin loaf!) Plus we have been arguing.. 5 fights the past 10 days. Not good. :(

Blu- hope you got your Christmas shopping done early at the market? Good to know IKEA has some good stuff. We still need to get furniture.. I was looking on there last year for baby furniture and it sure is much more affordable than anywhere else.
Nice job being just about done with the nursery! Yes, we definitely have to exchange e-mails so can see baby Blu photos.

It is dark, dreary November weather here. Think I got spoiled by 7 months of sun and warm temps. I've been feeling rather down, saw therapist but she sorta made me feel worse. ? I was like - why am I paying so much for this? I don't know if I am better just sorting out on my own. Sure once I feel better and DF and I get along better I will cheer up.. Just a bad week.

Anyway, looking forward to Bernie's news and all your happy updates! Take good care!

Hi Ladies, how are we all? I cant wait to hear Bernies news!! Baby must be here by now.
All is good here, bump is feeling huge and heavy and im rocking swollen ankles! The nursery is almost done, just waiting for hubby to put the sides on the cot then we can buy a mattress and make the cot up, I just need some wall art to finish it off. Ive only got 2 weeks left at work now and im definitely feeling like I could do with a break now.
Jaspie hows that bump coming on? Not long til moving day now, bet youre excited.
Hopie sorry you think youre out this month, hopefully its a xmas rainbow for you. The weather is crap here too.
Fit hows baby T doing? Wont be long now eeeeekkkkk xx

Glad all is great, Blu! I bet you are ready for the work break. Just 2 more weeks..who-hooo! Does keeping your feet elevated high help the swollen ankles?
Yes- hopefully we hear from Bernie soon. She was having a c-section, right? Which means extra days in the hospital to rest, so hopefully she is back home with baby this weekend. Can't wait to hear!!

Fit and Jaspie- hope you're having great weekends.

Yes Blu..this month is out. I don't have any desire to even look at DF let alone anything else. lol
;)
The good thing about not being pg is my favorite holiday is on Wed and I am blessed to have my mom cook her famous turkey and stuffing for us! See, when i was pg I was so incredibly nauseous, I couldn't eat for over 2 weeks! Heck, I couldn't even drink water. Need to look on the bright side of things, huh? :) Have a great and restful weekend!

Hi ladies! Hope everyone is well!
I've had a very busy weekend at my best friends hen do! Had a great time but shattered now! We went to a comedy club Friday night then a club then go karting yesterday and I just watched, and then the Adonis cabaret show last night. We went to a club after but I stayed like 30 mins and then me and my pregnant friend left at about 10.30 :D We're in a hotel and I can't wait to go down for breakfast I have woken up starving! Been suffering bad with the heartburn this weekend, if I'm not drinking gavisvon I'm chewing rennies I hope you can't OD on heartburn meds!
Ordered the buggy on Friday and bought a new sofa for the new house. Moving in on Friday now so LOTS to do this week!
Bernie I can't wait for your news! Hope everything went well and you're recovering well and settling into life as 3!
Hopie I could eat a thanksgiving dinner right now! Enjoy it, you never know you could be pregnant by Christmas again!
Blu 2 weeks left in work I'm so excited for you! Hope it goes quickly for you and how exciting the nursery is pretty much ready.
Fit hope all is good! You're not far behind Blu!

So sorry for the wait girls, but baby Jameson is here!!!! It's been a long week! So nothing went the way I had hoped but this perfect little man is here regardless! I'll share my experience.... So we got to the hospital 7 am Monday the 16th to start the induction. We did about 3 rounds of cytotec before the end of the day and I had only progressed to a 2. The contracts were mild and I could breath through them. We had our moms there to keep us distracted, and around 1 am the contractions began to pick up and I tried to rest and as soon as I got comfy my water broke. I finally had to take a pain drip to get some rest in through the contractions. It was like an acid trip and I was sooo loopy! I finally had started getting stronger contractions around 4 am and asked for the epidural an hr later because I had rated a 2 and knew I would be done for with that pain continuing all day. And they took 2 hrs to get him there! Once that bad boy kicked In life was grand and they started pitocin I rested and contracted all day til mid day and I was at 8! So we were thinking he'd be showing up before the 7pm shift change. So all the family came by to wish us luck and they waited in the waiting room. Well I was still at an 8 at 10 pm and my dr said that at midnight if I had not progressed I might want to think about c section. So I meditated and prayed while feeling the pressure of contractions until 12 and I had finally made it to 10 and we were ready to push! So my wonderful nurse, hubby and mom got set up and they coached me to push through the epidural. It was a rhythmic counting and pushing and they pushed my legs to my ears to help. The pain was strong even with the epidural but somehow our system had been working we were close(3 hrs later) when we hit a wall and he wouldn't move anymore he was positioned wrong and the dr said he would not be moving no matter how much more I pushed so I gladly surrendered to the c section after 24 hrs of active labor. We delivered him at 3:23 am November 18th I heard his sweet cry and just fell in love even before I got to touch his sweet face. They checked him out and hubby cut the cord and they brought him over to me cheek to cheek while they completed my surgery. They sent my boys to recovery to wait for me for 20 mins and he was on my breast the minute I got there. He's beautiful and I fell in love with my husband all over again because he is an even better father than I could have even imagined. Sorry for the long version but I thought you guys would like to hear :)
Jameson Frank Weighed 6lb 6oz and was 21 inches long I'll share a few photos

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 10
Here's his going home photo

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 12
Oh Bernie YAY!!! Massive congratulations!!! He is so beautiful! Hi baby Jameson!! Sounds like a long process but so glad he's here safely and you're both ok. Your birth story made me well up, I'm so happy for you! Xxxx

Oh my gosh HUGE CONGRATS Bernie!! He is so so beautiful, sorry the birth experience wasnt as you hoped but hes here safely now. Hows mummyhood? Im so excited for you &#128518;&#128518;
Oh shit.... me next!!!! Lmao x

Thank you both. Mommy hood is even better than I could have imagined! It's a big change but my hubby is so wonderful that it's definitely made it feel like such an easy time. I don't want to scare anyone but we all know a c section recovery is harder and it is! But thank god I can get around pretty good with a 6 pounder lol. Breast feeding was a challenge at first but now I absolutely love it. I'm so glad you girls are doing well and I'm dying for your babies to get here!!!!

Congratulations Bernie, what a gorgeous little guy!!!! Welcome to the world Baby Jameson. <3

I teared up reading that too, what a beautiful birth story even though things didn't go according to plan. Seems like just yesterday that you got your BFP and now he is here!

Rest up and enjoy snuggling your little man!

Congratulations to you guys, Bernie!!! So so thrilled to see this. Baby Jameson is just absolutely precious/adorable/beautiful!! I also teared up reading this. Amazing job staying so strong and positive while things didn't go as you had thought. Like you said, all that matters is falling in love with your little guy the second you heard him cry. Your hubby sure sounds like an amazing daddy. :)
Your moms must be on cloud 9. Get lots of rest and congratulations again!!! :)

I still cant believe we have our first rainbow, time has gone fast since February and now Christmas is upon us!! Are we all ready?
All is well here, im feeling pretty huge this week with four weeks to go, saw the midwife yesterday who was happy with everything and mentioned giving me a sweep at 39 weeks to try and start things if ive not gone into labour myself by then. Im really hoping that this little monkey comes early! Im starting to feel pretty tired now and uncomfy especially at night.
How is everyone else doing?
Glad to hear BF seems to be successful Bernie, I didnt try with DS but am tempted this time even if just to give him colostrum x

I had to get on again for another look at that precious baby picture!!
The most special Thanksgiving for you all, Bernie. Enjoy!!

Blu- I bet you are starting to feel uncomfortable.. I have a feeling baby Blu is going to arrive a bit earlier. :) So I hope your Christmas shopping is all about done! I apologize- I saw a private message from you back in April-- the message was soo sweet..thank you! This was back when my mom was in the hospital. Don't want you to think I ignored it, I just never saw pms in here for a while. I can't believe it is almost December either. This past year has gone crazy fast. It has been almost one year since we all met on here!

I'm just excited for my favorite holiday tomorrow! And feel so lucky to have my mom for it. She makes the most incredible Thanksgiving meal ever... Suprisingly she doesn't need me to help out with all that much. 3 days of cooking!

Still on the rocks with DF. Ugh. Anyone have any relationship advice? lol

Jaspie- hope you got some good rest after that fun wknd away and your heartburn is easing. Fit- hope you're feeling good and not too uncomfortable yet. :) Have a great rest of the week, everyone!

Hey girls, Sorry you are fighting with DF Hopie...afraid I don't have any good advice except these things usually pass. Glad you have such a lovely Thanksgiving to look forward to!

Baby Blu will be here so soon, can't wait! Hopefully he makes his appearance fairly soon since you're getting uncomfortable. Have you and DH settled on a name or will you decide when you meet him?

Jaspie and Bernie hope all is well. Hope you're settling into Mommy hood nicely Bernie, I'm sure you are. :)

AFM, floors are finally in and they look amazing!! Now we need to paint the baseboards, wait for our bedroom furniture to be delivered and assembled this weekend and then get all the furniture and decor in Thomas's nursery. Still so much to do and only 6 weeks until our due date! A friend of mine had her baby early at only 36 weeks not long ago...I try not to even think of that, LOL.

Oh and had another midwife appointment and it went really well - she was able to grab onto Thomas's foot while she was palpating him :haha: and she said the results from the blurry ultrasound were all perfect and he's measuring bang on for his due date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->