Winter Rainbows after 2015 winter loss

Belated thanksgiving wishes to you ladies across the miles!
How is everyone?
Hopie im sorry things are rubbish with DF, we had a period like that around 20 weeks where we were bickering alot and we found having more time together helped lots, we all have rough patches, hugs xx
Fit Thomas' room sounds as though its coming togther beautifully, DH has to do the final few bits in ours this week then i hope we can relax before baby arrives.
Jaspie i hope the move went well? You should have lots of time to settle in before lil man arrives. Do you have any names in mind yet?
I had a really crazy day at work yesterday, will be glad to finish now next week although my first week off is pretty jam packed already so im hoping week 2 will be more relaxing. Today DS has yet another party (honestly ladies when your kids hit 3-4 they have a better social life than you do!!) and tomorrow we need a trip to Ikea for some lights etc. Im picking up babies mattress on wednesday then we can get the cot made up.
This shit is getting real now!!! 🙊

Hi ladies! Been so busy this week!
While I was at work yesterday OH moved most of the stuff in so I've spent the morning unpacking while he goes and gets the rest of it. We're still sleeping at the old house until Sunday so we can do things gradually. The corner sofa arrived this morning it is amazing I love it. Sooo comfy. Me and baby J are going to do lots of lying on this! Still got somemore to move but getting there.
Blu have a good ikea trip, we need to go there too! Probably go in the week though. We've got a couple of names we like, going to see what he looks like. How about you?
Fit that's amazing the mw got hold of Thomas's foot! Glad all went swimmingly at your appointment :D
Hopie sorry you and DH are going through a rough patch :hugs: Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving?
Bernie hope all is well and you're settling into motherhood and life as 3!

Glad things are getting there Jaspie 👍
There are just no names that we love so i think we will end up seeing what he looks like when he arrives now, boys names are so much harder than girls i think.
I feel shattered tonight, was having lots of periody cramps earlier and a little gushes of discharge (sorry TMI) so wonder if my cervix is doing its thing.

Ooh Blu exciting!! How many weeks are you? I agree boys names are hard!

I will be 37 weeks on wednesday! Weve had a productive day today and got all our baby stuff ready. Decided to buy the chicco next to me crib to use in our room today and it looks soooo lush.
How did the unpacking go? X

Really well thanks! All unpacked. New house is ready to be lived in now when the bed turns up! Last night in the old house tonight and just waiting on out Thai takeaway to have with x factor. Crib sounds great! We're getting a Snuzpod! Omg 37 weeks you are almost there!!!

Jaspie glad the move went so well - the new couch sounds like a great place to snuggle with Baby J.

Blu you are so close now, hope you get to relax and put your feet up! Baby Blu will be here so soon, eek! Our due dates are only 13 days apart. :)

Hopie and Bernie hope you are both well.

So exhausted here, though I finally got an adequate amount of sleep last night for the first time in weeks. We had our furniture delivered this weekend and of course it didn't go smoothly and resulted in us having to go mattress shopping after the fact...at least the Black Friday sales were still on. Plus they didn't deliver our nightstand tables so now the yahoos are coming back next weekend. :growlmad:

So next weekend is when Thomas's furniture is finally being assembled, assuming a million other things don't go wrong between now and then.

Oh fit things never go to plan do they! So annoying when you just want it all finshed.
Ive not seen the snuzpod jaspie but will definitely be googling it. Hope you are all super happy in your new pad.
Bernie and Hopie how are you both?
I think were as ready for baby Blu as we can be now so my plan for this week is a big clean and getting the xmas decs up 🎄

Hi friends! Thanks for the holiday wishes -- Thanksgiving was wonderful (well despite my not-nice brother in law..ha!) My mom managed to do most of the cooking. She cooked for 3 days. And I ate enough in one day to last 3 days! It was just wonderful.
DF and I have made up too now. :) Thanks..yes, we all hit rough patches, don't we at times? I missed out on ttc last month and this month he will be in California. Ugh! It is his annual Christmas party they fly out to where the headquarters are. I have gone every year but this year no spouses invited :(, plus I don't way to fly away that far from my mom right now. Hopefully AF is bit late and then maybe this month will work..ha!

Congrats on the move Jaspie!! That is great you guys were able to do it gradually. Smart to get a very comfie sofa. I got one for DF last Christmas at West Elm-- looked so nice and was pretty comfie in store, but got it to the house and it is not comfie at all! Glad you are all done with your unpacking now. :) I have to look up what a snuzpod is!

Blu-- wow- you think things are starting to move along so maybe Baby Blu will arrive a bit earlier? Exciting!! I hope you can get a restful weekend in..you do so much between work, having a little one and everything else!

Fit- Such amazing news from your midwife appt.. Yeahh!!!
I didn't realize you and Blu are due only 13 days apart.. My gosh!
Sorry the furniture delivery didn't go as you hoped. Yes, surely things don't always go as planned. You guys got new floors too? That is the best. We have to get a new floor for the apartment so badly but are putting it off. Not sure what to do with the furniture when new floors are put in, as the building won't let us leave the furniture in the hallway! Good luck with Thomas' furniture assembling this week. :)

I bet Bernie is great and super busy..and tired! Let us know how life as 3 is going! Take good care mamas-soon-to-be!

Nice to hear from you Hopie, glad you had such a nice Thanksgiving and that you and DF are getting along again. Yes we replaced the floors too, they look amazing but what a pain! We had to rent a huge storage locker. Is there a space near your apartment that you can rent temporarily?

Hope you are having great weeks Blu, Jaspie and Bernie. Hope Baby Jameson is doing well and looking forward to hearing about Baby Blu's arrival any day now!

We are gradually getting the house put back together (hard when we both work full time and I can't move furniture) and Thomas's room is getting finished this weekend if it kills us!

Work is having a baby shower for me today which is so sweet, and they're also letting me use some leftover vacation time to start my mat leave early, so the 18th is my last day - can't wait!

Hey friends, how are we all?
Fit how was your shower? Sounds like fun, not long left at work at all now!
Lovely update Hopie in glad you enjoyed thanksgiving and it sounds as though your mum is doing great 👍glad you made up with DF and hope you can TTC soon.
As for me ive finished work today and im officially knackered. Just got home from my christmas doo/leaving doo which was fab and the work girls bought me some beautiful flowers and gifts. Everyobe has been so amazing about baby that its hard to believe i now worried so much about taking the job!
My feet and ankles are ridiculously swollen tonight, not attractive at all so planning on some rest this weekend,speaking of which its bed time for me. Nite nite, look forward to more updates soon xx

Hi!
Blu- congrats on your start of mat leave!! What wonderful colleagues you have...so nice! Yes, seems like last week you were pondering on taking the new job and finding out you were pg and now baby is due any week now!! It sure has flown, do you think? Hope elevating the ankles works some. Do compression socks help at all? i still make my mom wear them even though she is 7 months post-op...haha. It sure does help her circulation though! Thanks - she is doing better..seeing small improvements each week and I pray it continues.

Fit- thank you! I am glad things are better too with DF. Yes, what a pain having to rent a storage locker for the furniture, but I guess that is the only way really to have the new floors put in? Glad they look amazing - nothing like having shiny, new floors.
So great you start leave early now on the 18th -- next Friday- whoa! You sure are so busy/active with the home set-up and Thomas' room that I hope you get some good r&r time in too.
I bet your baby shower was fab! Tell us about it!

Jaspie- hope you are feeling good and all is well- I am sure busy with new home and Bernie- hope all is going great with the 3 of you!

TTC well..DF goes to Cali tomorrow. :( My first year not going and would have been perfect timing but oh well. I'm glad I am staying with my parents..just don't like being all alone anymore it seems. Have had a lot of memories this holiday season with first finding out we were pg this time last year.. It's tough..I still think back to it all would have been so perfect..so great.. but I trust God has a plan and I just need to keep the faith.

Any way, look forward to all of your updates!! Maybe Blu will surprise us with some early news next week?! :) Take good care. xxxx

Hey Hopie, i hope you catch the eggy before DF leaves! My ankles seem a little better since finishing work and the midwife came yesterday and said baby is engaged and ready to launch so I hope he doesnt make us wait too much longer. Im 38 weeks today and at this point with DS #1 was in labour.
How is everyone doing?
Hows motherhood Bernie? Xx

Hi girls! Shower was great, Thomas and I were so spoiled. <3

Sorry you don't get to go to Cali with DF Hopie. FX you get your BFP soon!!

Had a scare with my blood pressure yesterday - I checked it a bunch I'm the drugstore and it was in the 140s/90's range. But of course when I went to see the midwife and she checked it it was back down to a normal level.

They're going to check it once a week at my appointments and I'm being sent for lab work but I've been told to quit checking it myself as I've never been told to do so in the first place as it was always fine at my appointments.

Anyway it made me realize that I've been stressed and miserable with all the home renos lately which can't be helping, so I'm going to try take it easy a lot more.

How are you Jaspie and Bernie?

Hi ladies! Glad to hear you're all well! Fit I'm glad your BP was normal at the midwife. Doing work at home is stressful because you just can't get away from it and have to live in the chaos. How much do you have left to do?
Hopie hope you get to try before DH goes away. Everything crossed. Yes it's weird to think that this time last year we had just found out we were pregnant with our angels :hugs: Glad you have some company xx
Eeek Blu great news that baby Blu is engaged! Ready to launch is a great expression! Glad you're feeling better for finishing work. Fingers crossed something happens soon!
Bernie hope everything is going well!
We're all settled into our new house and loving it, it's cosy and homely already. We've decided on a wall decal for baby J's nursery and the cot was delivered yesterday kindly bought by the in-laws. Going to start decorating in the new year. Can't wait to break up for Christmas - 2 weeks off next Friday. Then in January only 4 weeks left in work!
I can't believe our next two rainbows are almost here!!!

Glad youre all settled Jaspie, the house sounds fab, do you have a theme for his nursery?
Fit taking it easy sounds good, my BP has crept up a bit too, its still in normal range but high for me. Hows baby Thomas's room coming on?
Ive decided to have a clary sage bath shortly in the hope of kicking things off x

Oooh good luck with the bath!
Well the wall sticker is kind of jungle themed. Will get some pastel curtains too in one of the colours in the sticker. It's this one:

https://www.notonthehighstreet.com/...t/pastel-jungle-animals?line_item_id=45252739

Oh thats gorgeous, they have some jungle themed bedding etc thats very similar to that in mothercare. We still need to order some wall art but I think I want something with his name on so we will have to wait haha.
Im having lots of periody cramps today, really hope it turns into something x

Love the decal Jaspie, Thomas has a jungle themed room too! Glad the new house is working out so well. :)

Blu hope your cramps are the start of something, that's exciting!

DH finished the crib last night, just the changing table needs to be assembled now. Slowly getting there! I will be so happy to start mat leave.

Hi girls sorry I've been MIA. Feeding every two hours, lack of sleep and the visitors have made the last couple weeks a little hectic. So happy to read your updates and Blu, I can't believe you are so close!!! Can't wait! Fit the shower sounds wonderful and jaspie, I love the nursery! Hopie glad to hear your moms doing well and hope your DD gets back soon! You all are going to love motherhood! It's exhausting but starring at your baby is the best feeling in the world! I'll be on here more, I can't wait for the babies to be here :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->