Winter Rainbows after 2015 winter loss

Hi Bernie! Lovely update! Glad everything is going well! How is breastfeeding going for you? Did it take long to get the hang of?
Happy Friday to you all! I can't wait to get home tonight! Plans this weekend? My best friend is getting married next weekend so I'm going to town tomorrow to get my bridesmaid dress shortened but apart from that just a quiet one for me!

Great to hear from you Bernie glad you and Jameson are doing so well aside from lack of sleep. It sounds wonderful and I can't wait until Thomas is here.

Jaspie hope your dress fitting goes quickly and you have a relaxing weekend.

Next week is my last at work until 2017!!! :happydance: DH finished Thomas's furniture now we just need to do some decorating and organizing. Last night I managed to put a wood staple nearly all the way into my thumb - owwww. Thank God DH was was home because I just freak out / freeze when things like that happen. With a little boy on the way I'm going to have to get over that!

Have a lovely weekend ladies.

Breast feeding is a little tougher than I thought. Definitely talk to the lactatiion nurses before leaving the hospital they are a big help. The main obstacle for us was Jameson's jaundice... We had to supplement formula in the beginning to help get the bilirubin down because my milk wasn't enough. Whatever you do don't let a dr tell you to give them a bottle! The lactation nurse gave me a breast shield and hubby pumped the formula through a tiny tube with a syringe. Which was him still on the breast. So now we are just having trouble losing the sheild for good. The struggle really is everyone else's input... Trust that if he is popping and peeing enough your milk is enough... People will make you doubt it and older generation ppl for some reason are so anti breastfeeding... The bond is the best and worth it!!!

Hey all, Bernie it sounds as though youre settling into mummyhood just perfectly, please please post some more pics of the little man! Hes so cute. Glad BF is going well now.
Fit that sounds painful! I always do dumb stuff.
Hopie when is DF back? Hope you BD'd before he left just in case 😉
Jaspie i hope your dress fitting goes well and you enjoy a little me time this weekend.
As for me, im still getting periody cramps but otherwise nothing else. Im now 38+3 and feeling ready to meet my boy! I had no signs of labour with DS until my waters broke so it will be interesting to see what happens this time, I just pray I dont go overdue and hes here pre christmas. I have an appointment with the miwife on tuesday and she has offered me a sweep to see if we can get him moving.
Are you all ready for christmas now?xx

Morning ladies! Anything happening Blu? Should be any day now!!

I dreamt that I woke up to a bloody show but when I called the midwife's office the receptionist was really rude and told me not to phone again - that's the second dream I've had where she was rude to me when she's very nice irl - no idea what that's about. :haha:

Hope everyone has a nice day - this will be my last Monday morning commute until 2017!!

Oh enjoy your last week at work Fit! Nothing happening really, keep getting stabbing pains in my bits and lots of pressure low down, also increased bowel movements but otherwise he seems too comfy. Im feeling pretty knackered today too and keen for it all to be over now. I have a midwife appointment tomorrow so will see what she thinks. How are you feeling? Hope everyone had a lovely weekend x

Good luck for your midwife appointment tomorrow! Hope the pains are your body gearing up to evict the little one!
Yay Fit for your final Monday commute! Hope your last week goes quickly, are you training your replacement this week?
Oooh we've got an exciting few weeks with you two now!
Thanks for the tips Bernie, hope you manage to lose the shield soon. Hope all is well with you three!
Hi hopie :wave: hope you are OK and you managed to catch DH before he went away.
Are you all set for Christmas? I finished off my shopping on the weekend and it is all wrapped under the tree now. I can't believe Christmas is next week!! Hope baby Blu arrives before then!

Here is Jameson's Christmas photo!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 3
Omg! Cuteness overload! He's lovely Bernie!

Awww Baby Jameson is adorable!!! Thanks for sharing Bernie. :)

There is a tiny Christmas onesie with teeny Santa hat packed in my hospital bag just in case Thomas ends up being a Christmas baby.

Hospital bags are done and so is Christmas shopping, plus I've shaved everywhere, so feeling much more prepared.

37 weeks today!!

Omg Bernie, I just love him! Super duper cute 😍 ps when you get a second if you want to share you email add in a pm i will be able to send pics of Baby B when he eventually puts in an appearance.
Glad the shopping is done Jaspie, i love it ince everything is organised.
Any signs yet Fit? Happy full term date ☺
Hopie hows the week going without DF?
AFM I had a horrid midwife appointment. My GP surgery has changed my midwife again and the last was so lovely but this new one wasnt nice at all. She had a rant about why she was even seeing me and basically showed no interest at all! She wanted to book me in again.... for January!! I was like erm my baby is due in 7 days!! She then said she would see me on 22nd before christmas. I really hope baby arrives before then, I have no urge to go and see her again. She said if I go over by 5/6 days then she will offer a sweep. I really hope he arrives on his own before then, just feeling a bit fed up now. 39 weeks tomorrow and I was hoping he would be here by now. Think I was spoilt with DS arriving early x

Hi friends! Sorry been away -- was under weather and now all caught up on lovely updates.
Bernie- sooo adorable..my gosh!! Glad to hear motherhood is so incredibly wonderful..Hearing you talk about it makes me want to become a mom even more! That is interesting the older gen. is more anti-breast feeding. Glad it is getting a bit easier now though.

Blu-- sorry that new midwife was so nasty and clueless -- see you next in January?!! I'm sure baby Blu is going to arrive very soon and you won't have to see that idiot again! The cramps must mean something, huh? I'm thinking any day now. I anxiously await your email in my box each day! 'Ready to launch'! from your other midwife sure sounds like he is very close!! Usually when babies take their time, they turn out to be very laid back. :))

Jaspie- congrats on being all moved in and settled into your new home. Glad all is going wonderfully. Impressive you are all done with Christmas shopping. I haven't even started! Sounds like you'll have one fun wknd at your bf's wedding!

Fit- hope your thumb is okay..that is scary! I agree--- take it easy and get lots of rest. All the new home deliveries and work I am sure has been added stress, so just try to take it easy. Blood pressure sure does fluctuate a lot. Good your's was normal when at appt. Mine is usually v. low -- 100/65. When i went to my f/u at the ob gyn to get the test results on the baby, it was 145/100. I have never had bp like that in my life!! It was pure fear/nerves and a combo of walking fast up to the appointment. So I am sure your bp will remain to be fine-- just keep getting good rest and no more stress allowed. :) Congrats on last Monday morning commute! As for dreams, they are wacky. I had the weirdest one of my life last night-- I was in a slaughter house. ??!!!

No luck ttc before DF left but he got back and maybe if O came late, then it worked! But I doubt it b/c my cycles are only 25 days now. :( Still..I like having something to be hopeful about the next two weeks. :))

Sooo excited for you Blu!! I can't believe 2nd baby will be here already -- though I know you are like-- come on already!!
Take good care, all~~

Blu- 'when baby B eventually puts in an appearance'! LOL
I'm hoping you are at the hospital now perhaps? :)) Sending lots of best wishes your way!! I anxiously await my gmail. :)

Have a great weekend, ladies! Off to the city.. :)

Sorry to disappoint Hopie but this baby still wont move his ass! Lolllll x

Have a nice weekend in the city Hopie! New York must be beautiful at Christmas - I've only ever been in the summer.

Blu I hope things happen for you quickly! Time to move out Baby Blu!

Jaspie and Bernie hope all is well. :)

Today is my last day of work until 2017, I can't believe it's finally here!! Xmas party tonight then Xmas at my inlaws tomorrow night and then I can finally spend a few days nesting!

Sharing a photo from our maternity shoot at 32 weeks, we just got them all back.

Attachments

• CYMERA_20151217_191928.jpg
    CYMERA_20151217_191928.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 8
Gorgeous photo fit! I love it! Yay for maternity leave! I have 2 weeks off now I'm sooo happy.

Fingers crossed for some signs soon Blu! Come on baby!

Good luck Hopie, you never know! Hope you manage to ttc next month if not! 2016 can totally be your year!

Hope all is going well Bernie!

All good here, just broken up for Christmas so I have 2 weeks off :D got my best friend's wedding on Monday so looking forward to being her bridesmaid!

Happy mat leave fit love the photo too, and happy holiday Jaspie. I can't believe it's nearly Christmas. It's one year today since I found out I was pregnant it's Angel babe so that would be odd if baby blu appeared. He seems very comfy so we've just DTD to try and get him out lol.
Enjoy the wedding Jaspie. Hope Bernie & Hopie are well xx

Thanks girls so relieved I'm done with work, I'm so sore now!! My feet and calves have also swollen in the past couple of days - hello cankles!

Blu hope DTD helps. That would be amazing if Baby Blu appeared on your angel's anniversary. I've always believed Thomas has the same soul as the angel I lost, just a different vessel. <3

Jaspie hope you have a great time at your friend's wedding and glad you're on holidays! Only a bit of time at work before you get to meet Baby J!

Eep, sorry for TMI but I've been having loose bowel movements 2-3 x's a day (not normal for me) for the past couple of days, plus heartburn and a sore bump - I need Thomas to stay put a few more days so we can get the house cleaned up and DH can install the carseat!

I hope its a sign fit! Ive had loose bowels for a good week on and off now, I keep thinking is today the day and then another day passes. Pregnancy insomnia is in full force.... 4am im wide awake, baby is wriggling around. He needs to come and meet the world now please x

Oh my goodness! I didn't take my laptop to city and kept thinking I would get a message on Baby Blu's arrival in gmail and my gosh-- baby Blu still doesn't want to move? 'dtd to try to get him to come out' LOL. i hope it helped a little. wow- seems like he wants to make a Christmas Eve or Christmas Day appearance?! What an amazing present and Christmas experience for your DS! I bet the insomnia is bad. What does dr/midwife think on timing?

Beautiful picture, Fit!! You both look so happy and glowing and you look great. Hope the parties were fun and good you get some nesting time coming up! Thomas will most likely stay put the next few days. :)

Jaspie- how was your bf's wedding?! Hope you had a wonderful time and so great you are off now for 2 weeks holiday..Yay!

City was wonderful for the 5 days. Now I came home and realize I left my key in the ignition and car is totally dead....Ahh. Always something with me lately. I've felt very overwhelmed and needed a break to myself with DF in the city.. Jave very sad moments (thinking back to this time last year) but overall, DF and I walked the city, saw the lovely Christmas sights (yes- Fit- you have to come to NYC with little Thomas at Christmas time one year!), and had a nice time. I'm thinking these mood shifts should ease up in January..Just a holiday reminder thing. But sooo sooo grateful to have my mom here at Christmas. Truly a miracle, and my dad too!

Blu- wishing you all the best-- I'll check back on tomorrow.
xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"