Winter Wonderful TTC November/December/January

yeah thats fine. my friends little one was in a bed by 2. she just put the wee bumper sides on and she was always commenting on how she was a big girl hehe

Thats what I thought, now to try and convince hubby to try earlier :haha:

How much longer do you have for school?

Good luck with the results. :hugs: I hear ya about feeling a bit down about it all I have been too as I could be here next winter too :( Not so good for the one who starts the thread. :cry: But I know that waiting is best for us as a couple and for our future LO.

I wish my man was the broody one. :haha: I can imagine being in your shoes it would be rather annoying when you want to finish up school and he's tempting you to have a baby. Maybe you and I can motivate one another with school. :rofl:

I'll be in full-time uni til December, then i've got a couple months of dissertation writing and i'll be done. We decided to try in Dec because even if I get pregnant right away, it should be manageable. Besides, we just don't know how long things will take.

It'll happen for us all one day. I promise. And if you wait it's going to be all the more special! Just try to enjoy the last of your selfish time before you have to devote everything to a little person.

We should start a stay in school club. It certainly seems to be the most popular reason for waiting. Just wish i'd gone to uni at 18 like a normal person.

i defo say to stay in school. i have my BSc Hons so i COULD have went on to do my masters but - 4 years was enough for me :haha:

How much longer do you have for school?

Good luck with the results. :hugs: I hear ya about feeling a bit down about it all I have been too as I could be here next winter too :( Not so good for the one who starts the thread. :cry: But I know that waiting is best for us as a couple and for our future LO.

I wish my man was the broody one. :haha: I can imagine being in your shoes it would be rather annoying when you want to finish up school and he's tempting you to have a baby. Maybe you and I can motivate one another with school. :rofl:

I'll be in full-time uni til December, then i've got a couple months of dissertation writing and i'll be done. We decided to try in Dec because even if I get pregnant right away, it should be manageable. Besides, we just don't know how long things will take.

It'll happen for us all one day. I promise. And if you wait it's going to be all the more special! Just try to enjoy the last of your selfish time before you have to devote everything to a little person.

We should start a stay in school club. It certainly seems to be the most popular reason for waiting. Just wish i'd gone to uni at 18 like a normal person.

Yeah I know it seems everyone you talk to is WTT because of school or because they want to buy a house.

I know it'll all happen in due time but it still sucks to have to wait! :p

I wish I would have just stayed in university when I was there the first time.

The house thing is an issue too. We only have one bedroom, and the property market round here is completely dead. There are four identical places for sale on our street and one of them has been listed for over a year. We might have to look at renting for a while.

Laelani, I just noticed you're in Canada. Me and the OH are thinking of immigrating over there. We just really want to leave the UK, and apparently his skills are sought after! Will probably have to have a holiday first to see if we like it.

The house thing is an issue too. We only have one bedroom, and the property market round here is completely dead. There are four identical places for sale on our street and one of them has been listed for over a year. We might have to look at renting for a while.

Laelani, I just noticed you're in Canada. Me and the OH are thinking of immigrating over there. We just really want to leave the UK, and apparently his skills are sought after! Will probably have to have a holiday first to see if we like it.

Ooooo you totally should! Come over and visit! If you visit in my area I would be more than happy to take you around and stuff. I live about 45 minutes away from Toronto. It's close enough that you can work in Toronto but not have to live there. :)

Haha, ok then! I promise if i'm ever in the Toronto area I will let you know!

I have several friends who are engineers - definitely a good career to be in!

Well, the good news is... my test results for PCOS came back negative!

The bad news is... I have no idea what's going on with my cycle. And at this point, the doctors aren't taking things very seriously. I seem to have a horrible, heavy period every 40-60 days. I can't spot a pattern at all. I had a random 2 day period a couple of weeks back where I almost fainted several times because of the pain. There's no way I could predict when I ovulate for TTC purposes!

I'm dreading going to the doctor. When the possibility of PCOS came up, my doctor said "it can cause fertility problems, but you're too young to be thinking about that anyway!" I'm a married 27 year old FFS. I may be a student, but i'm hardly a carefree kid! I know i'm going to get a lecture about my weight. My doctor put me on Xenical and i've been sticking to 1600 cals a day, plus an hour of cardio. I lost about 6kg, then the weight loss just stopped, now it goes up a little, then down a little.

I certainly didn't WANT to have PCOS, but at least I would have had an answer. I could have been pragmatic. Right now i'm stuck with a sense of dread that 'something' is wrong, but I just don't know what.

Yay for the negative PCOS results! :happydance:

That's terrible! Have you thought of going to a different doctor for a second opinion considering your doctor doesn't really want to do much about it? I hope you get it sorted soon and that you won't have to experience those bad periods anymore. Keep us posted on what's going on. :hugs: The unknown always sucks especially when you think that there is something wrong with you and the doctors aren't helping. I have super bad asthma and it took them almost a year to diagnose me with it even though OH and I both knew what it was months before the doctors did.

Have you been charting at all? If not, I think that would be a good idea to start. If you do, we can all help you to determine if there is a pattern, etc. Even if it just tells you IF you're ovulating, that would be a start.

charting would be a really good help. my AF is quite random but when charting you can pinpoint when you OV. my AF hasn't returned to normal after having my daughter yet. i think it can take up to a year :S

Thanks so much for the advice ladies. It's just nice to be able to rant sometimes. I'm sure i've been boring my DH with this stuff.

I will be getting a better doctor. There are a few at my GP clinic and i'm sure I got the worst one! He talks to me like i'm a little girl. I'm going to try to see the female doctor and hope she sympathises.

I have an iPhone app that's supposed to chart your periods/ovulation but i'm not sure how well it works. I think i'll take your advice and do a proper chart. Have been peeking into the TTC forum and picked up lots of advice on temp charts and ovulation tests so it's worth a shot!

I would start just by taking your morning temp everyday - and writing down what your CM is like, if/when you can. See how that goes and then worry about OPKs when you're closer to TTC.

That's what I would do anyways, and what I plan to do when I come off the pill in a couple of months.

I'll give it a go. I've never paid attention to my CM before, but I will have to try to remember to check every morning.

Best of luck. I don't know the first thing about temping or checking CM or any of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->