wish I didn't feel guilty about weight gain!

kaye

Reaction score
Hi.

Well I've gained 19lb!! At 26 weeks. I'm still exercising and eating healthy 70% of the time so I am shocked I have gained so much.

Time to really get strict on the foods I think!

I am a big weight gainer... gained over 100 lbs with my first pregnancy... then lost 120lbs... then was really really careful during my second pregnancy and still gained 65 lbs.

I'm now 23 weeks and have gained 30-35 lbs...

My doctor has said as long as I'm eating healthy he's not concerned, he's said that some women's body's just do this..

so don't be hard on yourself, it will all come off afterwards :)

We don't have a scale at home so I only know how much I weight at my monthly prenatal appointments. At 18 weeks I was already up 10 lbs, so I feel like I will be in the same boat as you! I try to be active but I am still sick so it's hard to get moving. I also still have a lot of food aversions, and carbs make me the least nauseous so that's what I've been living on mostly, even though we ate very little carbs before I got pregnant. It's hard when you know you are making bad choices, but your body just won't let you make the good ones!

Those are well within the normal weight gain ranges, I wouldn't worry as long as you are eating well.

since you are eating well and staying active I wouldn't worry. As another poster stated, some women's bodies just put on more, but since you are still exercising and eating well, you have a very high chance of bouncing back rather quickly after the birth.

I tend to gain a lot while pregnant and it really brings me down.. I normally gain weight in my hips and thighs so i am always watching out because it shows so fast so during pregnancy i watch my hips get wider and my thighs get bigger even before i have a real bump and it makes me so self conscious

I have gained 24 lbs at 25 weeks. I am short so its shows and I look horrible in dresses now. My doc said its nothing to be worried about. Some people don't eat a thing and still gain 70 pounds. Just focus on baby's health. The weight can come off later. :)

I been eating so unhealthy so my fault with any weight gain, my bum and thighs look massive :(

I have gained a lot of weight too, but none of my drs are concerned at all, the only reason I was worried about it was from coming on here and reading that others are hardly gaining anything! Buteevery woman puts on weight differently and as long as you are eating healthy and being active you shouldn't worry. You're growing a baby!

Definitely don't be strict with your food. A healthy balanced diet is key. You're exercising too so any weight gain is obviously needed for your baby.
It'll all come off after baby is here.

Since i was weighed at 12 weeks pregnant i have lost 6lb, but i am overweight and i wished i felt more guilty about gains i need to lose weight seriously! Im getting married august 2016 and at this moment i am 3 1/2 to 4 stone heavier than i want to be for my wedding, i dont know how much of that will be to do with baby but certainly not 3-4 stone lol im at slimming world but last week i didnt stick to it and this week im not trying like i should :( got to keep on track!

I'm not going to lie, I am massively overweight. (23 stone :(! )
I had lost 3 stone and gained it back, and then fell pregnant (Finally!)

I've only gained a total of 5 pounds as of this morning. I know it's not bad for being almost 24 weeks into this pregnancy but I want to cry every time I see that scale creep up even the slightest bit. I keep telling myself I'll lose weight after baby is born, and it helps a little. I definitely sympathize with you though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->