Wishing for a boy -UPDATED

TTC LADY

Reaction score
We already have an adorable, smart, funny and intelligent little girl and are desperate for a little boy this time round. I know DH was slightly disappointed when our daughter was born as he wanted a son, and I know he will be disappointed again if we have another daughter.

We only plan on having 2 kids and so I also want a little son and will be disappointed if they tell me it's a girl. I hate feeling like this but can't help it. I know that once the baby arrives we will love it whatever the gender.

Additionally in Asian families, boys are celebrated whereas when girls are born people almost give their condolences. It's all to do with boys carrying on the family name and girls will eventually get married and leave the family home. When my little daughter was born, the first thing my mum said to me was "never mind I had a girl first as well" - DH was livid with her. MIL is bit more relaxed but secretly I know she is also praying for a first grandson.

I feel all this pressure is causing more me more anxiety as the big day approaches, when I should be relaxing and resting.

Thanks for reading this rant.

I hope you get your little boy! When are you due?

I know there is no such thing as the *perfect family* but wouldn't it be so wonderful to experience raising both a daughter and a son. You are not alone in feeling this pressure, my inlaws are driving me crazy!!

TTC lady im.in the same boat- asian too so I totally get it.
Found out today we having 2nd girl & im really upset & feel like a failure.

TTC lady im.in the same boat- asian too so I totally get it.
Found out today we having 2nd girl & im really upset & feel like a failure.

Personally I believe every child is a blessing and would be happy with a healthy girl, however extended family all hoping for a boy, along with DH - who would still adore a girl, but secretly would love to have a son.

What was the reaction of family, DH t learning you are having another girl ?

DH is great he would have preferred boy but is happy with healthy girl!
Hes already chosen a name & is telling me to chin up.
I've only told my mum so far & she was disappointed :(
I think mil may also be but prob not as my mum....

I'm exactly the same. We are having a girl this time (first baby) and we wanted a boy. Next time the pressure is on to have a boy!

Good luck! Xxx

So had our baby on Saturday and it was a BOY !!!!!.....so happy

Oh yay!!!!!! So much congratulations to you and your precious new little boy!! Enjoy your son - they're such a treat!

Wow!!! A huge Congrats to you!! You must be over the moon!! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->