Wishing, wanting, waiting.....TTC for a year PLUS!

Oh crap, and now I have to get ready for work. I don't really think I could pull 3 sickies in a row, and I have no flipping idea what I'm going to teach today for maths! I need another holiday!

Soph, are you a teacher? I teach second grade.

Ladies, I am amazed at what some of you have had to go through. You are such strong women!

As for me running off with a BFP right away, I wouldn't count on it. I don't think we will have much of a chance until after DH's surgery, and then they say it takes 3 months after that to show improvements in the counts. Plus, I wasn't ovulating before the clomid, so we will have to see if I am put back on it after the operation. So it looks like you are stuck with me for awhile! :)

We like being stuck with each other! :friends:
What I meant about a drop in BFP was if you were already in your TWW and already have an inkling of another line, talking to us for two days then saying "OMG!!!! :bfp: *then running out of the room*
We would love to see you get a bfp, along with the rest of us!!!

ugh when your on your 2ww does anyone else get a cold so easy?

Not me hun, not that I know if anyway. One thing that has been bugging me though, is that ever since I got PG in April/May, I have been congested with mucus that just doesnt go away. I started taking alka seltzer mucus and congestion relief but it says it will help thin the mcucus so I can have a more productive cough to get rid of it.....:shrug:....I dont have a cough!!! Ugh.....lol
Are you starting to get sickie?

Hey Lucie, you mentioned a problem that your dh has... I've never heard of it before.... what does it mean?
How did soy compare to clomid?

xxx

Here is how mayoclinic.com defines it. "A varicocele is an enlargement of the veins within the scrotum, the loose bag of skin that holds your testicles. A varicocele is similar to a varicose vein that can occur in your leg.

Varicoceles are a common cause of low sperm production and decreased sperm quality, although not all varicoceles affect sperm production. Varicoceles also can cause testicles to shrink. "

I had never heard of it either, until we went to the urologist.

As for soy vs clomid, I had WAY less side effects on soy. Actually I had zero side effects. I like how it seemed to do the job, all without giving me the "clomid crazies" :)

I have never heard of it either. Wow, Lucie, sounds very incomfortable for your DH. Is surgery going to remove that vein?

Hmmm? I am wondering about soy? When do you start taking it?

I'm sorry Lucie, I didn't welcome you, WELCOME!
I've been teaching for 2 years and am teaching year 6 at the moment. I just had to fill in my preferences for what grade I would like to teach next year and I put down 3, 4, 5 or 6. I'm not fussy, just happy to have a job!

It doesn't matter where you come from in life, we all have trials and tribulations to overcome and how we deal with them make us who we are. As long as we learn from our experiences there can be good in them, no matter what they are.

I would like to wrap up by saying, we are ALL strong and amazing and brilliant and we are going to rock this thread and rock it right, all the way to the flipping labour ward!

True.....Very True..... :hugs:

AFM, I have a sore throat this morning, again. Must be do to the weather changing as its only in the morning. CD4 for me today and I slept with a tampon since it was light flow yesterday and this morning I had a very hard time getting it out! (TMI - sorry :)) So I guess its lightening up and maybe I wont have her for 10 days!
I will try and make a pretty banner later on this afternoon when I get home from training at work.
I hope everyone has a great day, and I will catch up with you all later!!!
:flow:

Oh crap, and now I have to get ready for work. I don't really think I could pull 3 sickies in a row, and I have no flipping idea what I'm going to teach today for maths! I need another holiday!

Soph, are you a teacher? I teach second grade.

Ladies, I am amazed at what some of you have had to go through. You are such strong women!

As for me running off with a BFP right away, I wouldn't count on it. I don't think we will have much of a chance until after DH's surgery, and then they say it takes 3 months after that to show improvements in the counts. Plus, I wasn't ovulating before the clomid, so we will have to see if I am put back on it after the operation. So it looks like you are stuck with me for awhile! :)

We like being stuck with each other! :friends:
What I meant about a drop in BFP was if you were already in your TWW and already have an inkling of another line, talking to us for two days then saying "OMG!!!! :bfp: *then running out of the room*
We would love to see you get a bfp, along with the rest of us!!!

ugh when your on your 2ww does anyone else get a cold so easy?

Not me hun, not that I know if anyway. One thing that has been bugging me though, is that ever since I got PG in April/May, I have been congested with mucus that just doesnt go away. I started taking alka seltzer mucus and congestion relief but it says it will help thin the mcucus so I can have a more productive cough to get rid of it.....:shrug:....I dont have a cough!!! Ugh.....lol
Are you starting to get sickie?

Hey Lucie, you mentioned a problem that your dh has... I've never heard of it before.... what does it mean?
How did soy compare to clomid?

xxx

Here is how mayoclinic.com defines it. "A varicocele is an enlargement of the veins within the scrotum, the loose bag of skin that holds your testicles. A varicocele is similar to a varicose vein that can occur in your leg.

Varicoceles are a common cause of low sperm production and decreased sperm quality, although not all varicoceles affect sperm production. Varicoceles also can cause testicles to shrink. "

I had never heard of it either, until we went to the urologist.

As for soy vs clomid, I had WAY less side effects on soy. Actually I had zero side effects. I like how it seemed to do the job, all without giving me the "clomid crazies" :)

I have never heard of it either. Wow, Lucie, sounds very incomfortable for your DH. Is surgery going to remove that vein?

Hmmm? I am wondering about soy? When do you start taking it?

I'm sorry Lucie, I didn't welcome you, WELCOME!
I've been teaching for 2 years and am teaching year 6 at the moment. I just had to fill in my preferences for what grade I would like to teach next year and I put down 3, 4, 5 or 6. I'm not fussy, just happy to have a job!

It doesn't matter where you come from in life, we all have trials and tribulations to overcome and how we deal with them make us who we are. As long as we learn from our experiences there can be good in them, no matter what they are.

I would like to wrap up by saying, we are ALL strong and amazing and brilliant and we are going to rock this thread and rock it right, all the way to the flipping labour ward!

True.....Very True..... :hugs:

AFM, I have a sore throat this morning, again. Must be do to the weather changing as its only in the morning. CD4 for me today and I slept with a tampon since it was light flow yesterday and this morning I had a very hard time getting it out! (TMI - sorry :)) So I guess its lightening up and maybe I wont have her for 10 days!
I will try and make a pretty banner later on this afternoon when I get home from training at work.
I hope everyone has a great day, and I will catch up with you all later!!!
:flow:

i have been feeling sick yeah but not being sick or anything and im tired but im on the 2ww list now so i dunno what is going on....

i would like to wrap up by saying, we are all strong and amazing and brilliant and we are going to rock this thread and rock it right, all the way to the flipping labour ward!
Yessssssssssssss! You are killing me this morning Soph - it is hilarious that you think your DH's swimmers are stoned :haha: I have to say though, most of our friends are pot heads and none of them seem to have any trouble getting pg :dohh: I like the word quandary too. I often find myself in the middle of one :haha: Like right now - unemployed but no baby to make it worth while :dohh: Ah well - I'll still enjoy the time to myself! I've got big plans for my windows and blinds. They are gonna get rocked with windex. Have any of you tried cleaning windows with newspaper? I've heard it works great but I'm afraid to try it :shrug:

Julia - have you thought about trying guaifenesin? It is an expectorant in cough medicine. But you want to take only that - most cough medicines also have stuff in them that will dry you out. The guaifenesin is supposed to help you produce CM and it will relieve your cough :thumbup: I'm glad this period isn't as heavy for you hon :hugs:

i would like to wrap up by saying, we are all strong and amazing and brilliant and we are going to rock this thread and rock it right, all the way to the flipping labour ward!
yessssssssssssss!

hahah hell yea!!

soph if you can chill out and forget about it you might as well..... it's up to you really. I havent done an hpt in about 6 months lol.

i dooo need to get some more smiley opks though. I love them, but wish they were cheaper.

How is the rest of the world today? The south coast of england is a little overcast and chilly.

xxx

Yessssssssssssss! You are killing me this morning Soph - it is hilarious that you think your DH's swimmers are stoned :haha: I have to say though, most of our friends are pot heads and none of them seem to have any trouble getting pg :dohh: I like the word quandary too. I often find myself in the middle of one :haha: Like right now - unemployed but no baby to make it worth while :dohh: Ah well - I'll still enjoy the time to myself! I've got big plans for my windows and blinds. They are gonna get rocked with windex. Have any of you tried cleaning windows with newspaper? I've heard it works great but I'm afraid to try it :shrug:

Julia - have you thought about trying guaifenesin? It is an expectorant in cough medicine. But you want to take only that - most cough medicines also have stuff in them that will dry you out. The guaifenesin is supposed to help you produce CM and it will relieve your cough :thumbup: I'm glad this period isn't as heavy for you hon :hugs:

I havent tried newspaper but I am almost positive DH tried it on our car windows. Wear Gloves! They'll make your hand inky. It cant hurt to try it,can it???? Let me know if it works!
Doesnt it suck being home with no job and no baby????
:dust: to you!!!
Are you hanging up new drapes???

I may try something like that soon. Themedicine I got has that in it along with something for a cough (which I dont have). I noticed grapefruit juice did wonders the month I fell pg. I havent drank RRL Tea in ages......I feel as if I shouldnt have to do anything special but just have sex to get pregnant. Thats what everyone else does right???? :shrug:

Nothing special like softcups, RRL tea, grapefruit juice, opks, doing headstand....etc......I wonder if it will be that simple to just stop everything, and I mean everything, except for good old passionate sex......Hmmm?

yessssssssssssss!

hahah hell yea!!

soph if you can chill out and forget about it you might as well..... it's up to you really. I havent done an hpt in about 6 months lol.

i dooo need to get some more smiley opks though. I love them, but wish they were cheaper.

How is the rest of the world today? The south coast of england is a little overcast and chilly.

xxx

The Central East Coast of North America is sunny and breezy, mild in the upper 60's. Beautiful Fall weather :)

Smileys are so expensive.....

Hello - followed you across from TTHF hope its ok! A banner would be lovely girls as Ive realised my ttc 30+ one talks about summer, and its October!! I have no ideas how to do one though??

I have so say, Im taken aback by your stories of your past, but the honesty is amazing - so glad you all feel able to do this, and certainly no-one judges you here.

Ive not led such a sheltered life, but have no story/ big secret to tell Im afraid. I dabbled in hash off & on from about the age of 14 to 21, I did acid once, as well as speed once too. Also poppers a few times - Im not sure what the actual drug is called. Mainly I was just fairly wild during this time, but it was all teenage stuff and mostly really heavy drinking - my god the things I got up to, and with random people. I dont think I was a total slapper though as I never went the whole way most of the time as I have only ever slept with 7 people, but then again I met DH when I was 19 which kind of calmed me down!

I smoked like a chimney too during this time, but the time I got to 21 and left university and started work (in a Bank) I kind of became all sensible. I still like a drink, but in the last 6 months Im hardly drinking much at all. A few glasses and I go asleep.

DH led a very sheltered childhood and had never even got drunk until he met me!! Never smoked or taken any drugs.

I have heard newspaper works well for cleaning windows too!!!

and ive heard sex is good for making babies though it doesnt seem to work for me!!xxx

I think I should clarify - taken aback by your stories in terms of stunned by what you have had to deal with - not judging !

I've never done any drugs!!! Well poppers, but I dont think they count, tried it once and hated it lol.

ive smoked about 10 cigarettes in my whole life. And I've slept with 5 people!!! I've been in a relationship since i was like 15 (with some slight overlaps I hate to say!!). I used to drink a lot but now ive cut down. I'm so not cool!!!!

xxx

A few overlaps Honey, eh? Thats not all so innocent.... !!

haha yeah. I think the worst was I was with a guy, serious relationship, joint mortgage and the like.
I knew it wasnt right ya know, but i was comfortable and he was nice to me so i stuck with it.
Until I went to Vegas with my friend.
I fell for this guy called J who lived in Miami, totally fell for him. Met him at the roulette table in the Luxor at stupid oclock in the morning. I had to get out of our room you see as my friend brought this guy back, i didnt want her going to his hotel so i said I'd leave them alone for a while... anyway, where was i, oh yea
Came back to England and told my bf that it was over. Obviously tricky with the house, I lived in the spare room for a while. Continued to date the guy in Miami (and I mean date, I would go over there for long weekends etc, but he never came over here). Then he moved to Arizona. I saw him a couple of times over there, but then I went on a date with (my now) dh who I had fancied forever. One thing led to another, and, well, I ended it with The American (as me and my friends all called him lol), and carried on with dh! haha!!

Honey! I didn't know that you've been to Arizona a few times. What city?

This is where we find out that you are related to The American.... :rofl:

oh gosh, I can't remember the name of where he lived!! It was near to Scottsdale Mall though.....
He worked for Countrywide mortgages, and his apparement was in a really nice complex like a 2 min drive from his work.

I have actually been to Tucson too, about 10 years ago. I stayed with a friend of the family out there, but I can't remember whereabouts she lived.....

Rubbish aren't I!!!

xxx

hahaha, that would be too funny!! He's italian american.....

Seriously! That would be funny. I LOVE co-inky dink connections between people. That happened to me this weekend - my friend Ann had a friend visit from Burlington VT and it turns out that her masseuse is my brother's ex-girlfriend!

Waiting and Honey are cracking me up today!

What the hey hey are slappers and poppers?

Ooh your ex probably got laid off Honey - Countrywide didn't fare so well through the trashy mortgage ordeal. Scottsdale is very posh. I dated a guy up there too - but he is jewish. Wouldn't it have been funny if we dated the same guy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->