With a stuffy nose

Mrs Dragonfly

Raising our toddler
Reaction score
Cravings are meaningless with a stuffed up nose! My taste buds are dead so when I took the time to bake chocolate chip cookies because it sounded so delicious only to not be able to taste them. I am sad! Go away plugged nose!

I know. My nose is so stuffed up all the time. I can't stand it!

Ugh sorry to hear you're stuffed up too. I've got a sinus infection, hopefully starting antibiotics will make it go awayyy

It is very common to have a runny or stuffed-up nose during pregnancy. Up to 30 percent of pregnant women have congestion without having allergies or a viral infection like the common cold. During pregnancy your Oestrogen hormone increases and it increases the amount of mucus you produce compared to non-pregnant women. Drink ginger tea, it has natural anti-inflammatory properties. To get that relieving feeling, use a room humidifier, inhale steam from a bowl of hot water or breathe deeply through your nose. A warm shower or bath may also help.

None of those remedies have helped me yet. I have a sinus infection so it's not just pregnancy playing at my sinuses.

I know, I'm fed up loaded with cold atm the min and my nose is constantly bunged up or running like a tap. Can't taste anything :( xx

Cold/flu season feels way worse this year! Everyone I know is going down with some awful bug or another. I'm envious, DH and LO are sleeping in this Sunday morning but I'm awake because I can barely breathe from the congestion. Blah!

I kind of wish I had an infection...for me it's just every time I lie down I'm all stuffed up again :(

I feel for you. I've been plagued with sickness this winter. It's ridiculous. Right before Christmas I came down with a cold that lasted 21 days. A few days after it passed, a stomach virus hit my whole family. Literally 12 hours after recovery from that, I came down with a 102 fever and another cold. I got rid of that cold about a week ago, and last weekend my two DS came down with a fever and cold and I caught the cold again. I feel like I haven't been healthy since November.

Oh gosh Sil, I'm right there with you. My household has been sick back to back. Right now my poor 2 year old and hubby and I all have colds but mine turned into a sinus infection. I hope we all get healthy soon, being ill while pregnant is so hard.

Today I'm actually feeling a little better, the antibiotics must be working!

This cold and flu season has been the worst so far!!! My kids and I have been sick non-stop for almost 3 months now. I'm not kidding, just every time we start to get better, we get something else. I got bronchitis, to top it off, and coughed violently for 8 weeks! Now, I've got a sinus infection! I am honestly RELIEVED that at least now I'm sneezing and have a stuffy nose and only coughing a little. That coughing was the worst, for me. Sinus infections and bronchitis are really extremely common right now, I guess because of the strains of colds going around.

I hope the antibiotics work for you!!! My nephew was just on them for his sinus infection, and they didn't do a darned thing for him.

I hate that you're feeling ill too and that your family is stuck in a sick cycle like mine are. Day 3 of antibiotics and I'm starting to feel better, still very congested but at least I'm able to blow my nose and slept a whole 5 hours last night!

I take it back!!! My sinus infection just hit me full force today, I'm dizzy and congested and feeling terrible. It's not better than the cough. Hahaha. Maybe a little better because I'm not peeing myself. Lol Oh, a good night of sleep is the best medicine out there. :) hopefully you'll get a whole 8 hours tonight! Then I'd imagine you'd feel pretty great tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->