Withdrawal method; Yay or nay?

No I wouldnt.

Have you considered the copper coil?

No I wouldn't if I didn't wanna get pregnant. I can't quite believe that anyone who didn't wanna get pregnant would either IMO anyways xx

We used it for a while but at that point i wasnt too bothered if i fell pregnant again, now that i really dont want to we used the pill.

Nope! Not unless you didn't mind getting pregnant!

No, unless you don't mind getting pregnant. We used condoms when I came off the pill before we were ready to TTC (even though they irritate me!).

No way, I've had unprotected sex two times in my life...and have 2 gorgeous babies, I think hubby could sneeze on me and I would get pregnant. I'm sure if used with the family planning method it could be pretty reliable, but that sounds like a lot of work really getting to know your cycle, plus a lot of pressure on the guy. I have the copper coil, it's great.

I got pregnant with my ds using the pullout method and now I have a 13 month age gap... Pah! Best accident ever though x

Definitely not if I am around my fertile time. We have used it wheb its a few days beforw AF comes, , otherwise it's condoms.
If I fell pregnant now it would not be the end of the world, , otherwise it would be condoms all the time.

Dont even know why people try the withdraw method. U can still get pregnant from pre cum. Might work for others but not for everyone. People shouldnt compare from their own experience.

We do it but I would be happy if I got pregnant. Were kinda of NTNP really. If I didn't wanna be pregnant I would never do it personally x

Not unless you know your cycle and ovulation perfectly no.

We've used it for the last 6years (except when we've actively been TTC) and its always worked for us. Saying that though we've never 'not' wanted to be pregnant in that we always knew we wanted 3 and so if i knew we were definitely done then i would recommended using something else. x

We've been using this method since Zach was born. So 3.5 years, and no slip ups yet.

Defintaly not no way lol:nope: We agreed on 2 babies that was it for us. OH has an appointment next Friday for to speak to the Dr about doing a vasectomy and then 2 weeks after he has it done. It does seem a bit final but since Millie has been born and shes now nearly 4 ive not changed my mind about having anymore.

Never. I honestly think you will get caught out at some point.

we have been using this for 3 months after trying the patch, pill etc. We cant quite bring ourselves to actively try for a baby but if it happened it woudnt be the end of the world.

Thanks for all the varied replies. I guess in all honesty, both myself & OH know there are risks, but arent willing to "actively" try just yet... So this is a sort of "inbetweenie" iykwim?!
So absolutely amazed to hear this has worked for several years for some of you ladies... I dont think my OH could put up with never coming inside me for that long! (When that urge is called for we use condoms!)

It CAN work for years and years for some but it depends on the guy. Many men have no traces of sperm in their pre-ejaculate. The only time sperm would be present is if they'd already had sex, hadn't been for a wee (although I wouldn't count on that always working either personally), and then had sex again. Some men have sperm in their pre-ejaculate and always will, it's unlikely that you'll get pregnant but DEFINITELY possible. Me and my OH have used this method successfully for a long time, he must be one of those guys that just doesn't have sperm in there lol, he always knows when he's going to orgasm and it works well for us. Just don't count on it being fool proof for you unless you're planning on getting his pre-cum tested :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->