Withdrawal method; Yay or nay?

Thanks for all the varied replies. I guess in all honesty, both myself & OH know there are risks, but arent willing to "actively" try just yet... So this is a sort of "inbetweenie" iykwim?!
So absolutely amazed to hear this has worked for several years for some of you ladies... I dont think my OH could put up with never coming inside me for that long! (When that urge is called for we use condoms!)

My OH is over it now, he knows he's not allowed to come in me, the threat of having a newborn baby is enough for him to be able to control itself brilliantly :haha:

I'm going to give an answer that seems to go against all official advice.

We've used it since we got together 4.5 years ago. Not one scare. Periods like clockwork. Nothing.

I used it for years with my ex partner too.

I pray this doesn't signal infertility because we'll be TTC from September. But honestly, I think it's just pull-out working. He always pulls out in plenty of time!

Me and OH used pull out forever with no problems. We had worse luck with condoms tbh because we had a few break and one got lost inside me once. As long as the man doesn't get carried away and forget to pull out then its fairly effective .. google some on it. Some thik its as effective as condoms if used correctly. OH amd I use nothing now. We havent even pulles out for 9 months. We were/are hoping for another baby but so far nothing. . But im like you I cant use horomones they mess me up

The problem is that people think it's a safe method for everyone but it isn't.

Never! Wouldnt trust it as pre ejaculate can still get you pregnant!

Love this article Why I'm despelling myths about birth control

Totally yay. My OH and I researched this so much because we couldn't find a contraception that suited us (for hormone reasons and the effect on my body, bleeding etc and my options were seriously limited because I suffer migraines). We found that it has only a 2% more failure rate than the condom if used correctly. So we gave it a bash for one month and never looked back. We've used it for 2 and a half years and no babies :) (we pull out all the time, not just the fertile window).

It's so important to do it right though. Make sure your your man pees if you're a second go kind of couple. My OH is perfect at getting his timing right and I have full confidence in him. It sounds like you do with yours too, i'd go for it personally.

Precum does't contain sperm, it only does if there is anything left over from a previous ejaculation hence as to why it's important to pee to flush anything left over out. If anyone is considering it i'd recommend doing lots of research first. I used to be one of those people that said no way but after having a nightmare with contraception it was the best option for us. My OH never leaves it until last minute, he's always in good time so I think a lot is about the self control of the man and also their age. I wouldn't recommend it to a bunch of teenagers obviously. But getting on almost 30 I think he knows :lol:

We've used it for about 3 years now because I hated the pill, condoms are a killjoy and the thought of a coil up my lady just makes me feel faint. Apart from the odd scare, due to my erratic periods, it's been absolutely fine. OH is super reliable at the "pulling out" part, even when he's drunk, or if we're caught in the moment.

That being said, I'd never actually recommend it to anyone as a contraceptive method, simply because everyone is different.

xo

We've used it for about 3 years now because I hated the pill, condoms are a killjoy and the thought of a coil up my lady just makes me feel faint. Apart from the odd scare, due to my erratic periods, it's been absolutely fine. OH is super reliable at the "pulling out" part, even when he's drunk, or if we're caught in the moment.

That being said, I'd never actually recommend it to anyone as a contraceptive method, simply because everyone is different.

xo

I feel the same about the coil!
Miss you missus!

xx

Love this article Why I'm despelling myths about birth control

This article is really interesting.. but one thing got me wondering, I can understand condoms and the pill being classed as less reliable but why is the Depo injection also classed as that?

xo

I feel the same about the coil!
Miss you missus!

xx

Glad I'm not the only one!! Touching my own cervix gives me the heebie-jeebies :rofl:

Miss you too lovely, sorry I've been poo at keeping in touch :kiss:

Xxx

Definitely not. You can become pregnant from pre-ejaculate alone.

To me the pull out method is lose-lose. You can still get pregnant and I don't think either of us could enjoy sex as much if we had to concentrate on pulling out.

To be honest I love that moment just before he looses control, it's so intimate.

If you're really ntnp it would probably be an option, especially if you have regular cycles and combine with the FA method.

If I really wanted to avoid pregnancy then no

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->