Withdrawal Method

txrangersfan

Reaction score
Hubby and I would like to try for another within the next year, but definitely don't want to now. We're thinking of trying the withdrawal method and have read the statistics, but I was hoping some of you could weigh in. Any experience with it? Did it work for you?

Thanks!

It doesn't work all the time, I've conceived on the pull out method, good luck :)

Check my signature ... Lol!

Although I am not sure if it happened when I thought I wasn't fertile so we didn't pull out. We had used it for a while before I actually fell pregnant (about a year) and I used it for years with my ex with no pregnancies.

This is how DD2 was conceived, I was 7 months postpartum and still breastfeeding too.

I think it depends on the people! My dh and I have used this method without a glitch for the last 9 years. Each time I was ready to conceive I was able to get pregnant within one and three months respectively. My dh is super careful and I think has very good control. Seeing as it doesn't work for everybody I wouldn't call it a reliable method of birth control but it's worked great for us!

Hubby and I have used pull out method for 8 1/2 years (on and off but mostly this is our method) and never gotten preggo. But we always pull out no matter the time of month unless it was one of the few times we were using actual birth control. It's not for everyone but I font see me every going back on BC since it does work so well for us and while we aren't trying we are fine if we do fall pregnant.

We have used the withdrawal method for the last two years and it has worked well. It definitely isn't 100% effective so I wouldn't rely on it if you're not sure though :thumbup:

Thanks everyone! What I was thinking was coupling withdrawal with fertility tracking and completely avoiding during my fertile window.

i think withdrawal is a good idea if it wouldnt be a problem if you did fall pregnant, i would love to use it but im getting married next year so if i got pregnant i would have to potentially cancel that! plus we are moving in together in february so lots going on

i think withdrawal is a good idea if it wouldnt be a problem if you did fall pregnant, i would love to use it but im getting married next year so if i got pregnant i would have to potentially cancel that! plus we are moving in together in february so lots going on

I agree with this. If you really absolutely DO NOT want to fall pregnant, then I probably wouldn't use it. If you don't mind the possibility of a surprise, then I say go for it.

DH and I used it this past year without any pregnancies. He was always too good at it! Lol I'll use that method again before I go back on the pill.

DH and I used it this past year without any pregnancies. He was always too good at it! Lol I'll use that method again before I go back on the pill.

My DH is too good at it too. I wish he was worse, since I wouldn't mind falling pregnant now :baby:

My DH and I used the pull out method for over a year. The first month that we stopped pulling out around ovulation, I conceived. Worked for us :D

It doesn't for some, (but nothing is 100% anyways)

But we have been doing it for 7 years and been fine, my husband is very good control and it like it as don't forget to take the pill and nothing to muck my body up.

just depends on his control and how quick he is.

I got my LO while using the pull out method. It worked for almost five years before that, but all it takes is one time where the timing is a bit off and ta-da!

That's what I'm currently using along with fertility tracking. I don't ovulate every month and oh doesn't ejaculate every time, even when it's safe to do so. It also wouldn't be a huge deal to me if I got pregnant again.

My fiancé and I had success with it...for a year :blush: Then oops! Sadly, it ended in a mmc at 8 weeks. But the point is, I did get pregnant. I will say that I know when I conceived...we were both off from work for 2 weeks with a lot of time on our hands :winkwink:. I tracked everything and I think we dtd every day, sometimes twice so that probably has something to do with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->