• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

wondering about C-Section for 2nd baby

diamond

Reaction score
My DS was born 8 months ago following an induction & episiotomy and forceps delivery by a horrific doctor with a terrible attitude. My waters break at 36w and he was born at 36w +3
I still have horrible flash backs to delivery now and went through the mill.
We are thinking about having another child, but I feel that I would spend the whole 9 months worrying about delivery and would cause myself and baby no end of stress.
Who do I need to talk about to discuss the possibility of an elective section? I also think I need to talk through my previous labour and delivery!

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience during the birth of your son :hugs:

I'd speak to your HV first and discuss it with her and also your GP too. Maybe they can put you in the care of a consultant at the hospital x

Sorry to hear about your experience. Most hospitals have a named midwife who can meet with you and go over your labour/delivery/notes. Hope you manage to do this and that it helps. Contact PALS at your hospital and the should be able to point you in the right direction... :hugs: You may find you feel differently once you've de-briefed and if not, the midwife you see will be able to talk to you about electives for future births too.

Els x

snap, i had forceps, episiotomy, horrid midwife and it was really traumatic. i spoke to my community midwife who said due to what i went through (and still am as im having ongoing problems because of the birth) that i would be allowed a c-section if i had another baby. talk to your hv and explain what you went through, also mine told me if i went for councilling to talk about it it would put you in a better position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->