Wondering if this is the right place for me :) Deciding if it's time to NTNP

starluck

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm Christina and my fiance and I are getting married at the end of May :) We've been together for 9.5 years and are so excited to finally make it 'official' ;) I'm 29 and he's 32. I'll be 30 at the beginning of May and he'll be 33 towards the end of the year. We agreed a few months ago to start TTC during the honeymoon.

My fiance mentioned a few days ago that he really wants to start trying now. At first I thought he was joking, but then I realized he is serious. My initial knee-jerk reaction was to laugh and say no. But the more I think about it, the more I really want to start trying!

We have wanted a baby for a few years now (actually he has been more excited/ready than I am lol). We bought a great house last May with 3 bedrooms (plenty of space for baby and a guest) and I just upgraded to a SUV to be prepared for snowy winters with a baby (we live in CT). We are in a good position financially. Right now things are a little tight with wedding costs, but it's really not that bad.

I was speaking with one of my best friends today (who also happens to be one of my healthcare providers) and she thinks it's a great idea for us to start trying!

We both want to try to do this relaxed - i.e. not try but not prevent either :)

I feel like everything is saying 'go for it!' but then I get a little nervous. I mean, I've spent the last 12 years of my sexually active life avoiding pregnancy at all costs so now that it's time to try it feels a little weird. Does anyone else feel this way?

I have no problem getting pregnant before our wedding and don't care about what people would think about it :) If I happened to get pregnant, I'd figure out a way to get around the drinking, etc at my bachelorette and wedding (i.e. have mocktails)

I guess I just needed to get that out there and to think on it more :) Were/Are any of you in a similar situation?

I'm really looking forward to getting to know people on the boards and connecting!

Hi Christina! Congrats on your wedding! I'm currently planning mine for 2015. There is definitely some apprehension and mixed emotions when you finall y decide to NTNP but it fades quickly. I think if you both feel ready then go for it! You sound like you are both in good places in your lives. Congrats and good luck on starting this journey!

No I wouldn't, you might fall pregnant immediately, be sick as a dog at the wedding and honeymoon.
You might want a glass of champagne on the day and cocktails on holiday.
I'd start trying on honeymoon so that you can make the most of it.
Xx

Yea. Wait till after the wedding. It's only two more months.

Hi Babybloo, thanks and congratulations on your upcoming wedding as well!

Thanks for your advice RaspberryK and Reidfidleir!

I decided to wait until after the wedding. I want to fully enjoy my bachelorette and wedding day without feeling cruddy in case I get bad morning/all day sickness and without worrying about hiding all the drinking that will inevitably be happening between now and then!

But now I'm definitely excited to start trying on the honeymoon! :happydance: I made a pre-conception consultation appointment with my OBGYN for April :) I've been taking folic acid and a multivitamin and Omega 3 for about a year now. Is there anything else anyone would recommend starting to do?

I am typically very 'type A'/super planner with spreadsheets, etc. and I am really, really hoping I can take a more relaxed "let's just have fun" approach to baby making. I wonder if I can make it without charting/temping. I'm kind of laughing at myself over this one, I already know if I'm not pregnant within a few months I will start tracking!

Which birth control do you currently use?
You can spreadsheet your baby items and cost etc which is fun.
We just dtd every 1 2 or 3 days ish when ntnp which was normal for us at the time, charting wouldn't have done us any good since we were already having sex throughout my cycle and no chance of nursing ovulation.
Xx

Good decision! Just let go and enjoy when the wedding is over. I'm sure you'll enjoy the break from all the wedding planning! Just go with the flow for a few months and if it doesn't suit you then start charting. ;) that's what we'll do.

Which birth control do you currently use?
You can spreadsheet your baby items and cost etc which is fun.
We just dtd every 1 2 or 3 days ish when ntnp which was normal for us at the time, charting wouldn't have done us any good since we were already having sex throughout my cycle and no chance of nursing ovulation.
Xx

We are using condoms. I was on tri-cyclen lo (bcp) for about 10 years and stopped taking it a few years ago just because I didn't want to take hormones anymore.

Aha! Are you a fellow spreadsheet nerd? ;) I think I will start that after the wedding, I already have a multi-tabbed spreadsheet for wedding related things to keep track of :)

Good decision! Just let go and enjoy when the wedding is over. I'm sure you'll enjoy the break from all the wedding planning! Just go with the flow for a few months and if it doesn't suit you then start charting. ;) that's what we'll do.

I can't WAIT until the planning is done! I am wiped out on researching, cost comparing, thinking, planning, etc all things wedding related. I'm trying to get everything done well in advance so the couple of weeks leading up to the wedding I can spend *some* time relaxing/reflecting. Is that naive of me to think I will have that time? I'm SURE there will be last minute things popping up, but I'm holding out hope that I will have down time to relax and enjoy.

At least you don't need to worry about your cycles getting back to normal after the pill or anything.
I love a good spreadsheet andhad all sorts to work out cost of disposable vs reusable nappies etc.
I did one on wedding cost, our credit cards and I get to do them for dh business.
Xx

We waited until our honeymoon and bubs was born 9 months to the day after our wedding haha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->