Wondering if we caught the right time or not

CountryMomma

Momma of 3, pregnant with number 4
Reaction score
Hey ladies, I am in sort of an odd situation and not sure if we timed things right or not. So I bled CD1, 2, and 3. Was pretty much done bleeding by the morning of 3. So on CD6 I decided to start testing with OPK since I have been known to ovulate as early as CD9. Well I did one and it came up positive, did another one that afternoon and still positive. Same thing with CD7, positive in morning and afternoon.. well we DTD twice on CD6 but not at all on CD 4, 5, or 7. Now today on CD8 my OPK is still very dark but not quite positive. Anyways what I am afraid of is that I may have Od on CD 5 because I have heard that you can get several days of positive OPK so I am not sure if CD6 was my first day as it was just the first one I took. I am not super familiar with OPK so I am not totally sure how they work but with positives on both CD6 and CD7 do you think I Od before CD6 or after?

Well, even if you would have gotten your first positive on CD5, it is unlikely that you would have ovulated at that time. Ovulation normally occurs 24-28 hours after your first positive OPK. So sex in the CD6 may have put you right on ovulation day. I wouldn't worry about that.

I *would* worry about whether that was a LH surge indicating that you were actually going to ovulate, though. How long are your cycles normally? Did you have any other fertile signs and that time? Just to be safe, I would continue to take ovulation tests to make sure you don't have another surge.

I checked my cervix and it was high soft and open yesterday but I didn't have any EWCM so it is possible my body was just having a surge and I didn't actually ovulate. My cycles have been irregular the past few months and have been between 21 and 25 days. So ovulating in cd7 or 8 is not totally unheard of for me. I will keep using OpKs to see if they get dark again. Thank you for the advice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->