wool??

Bumbled Bee

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me how to use wool covers? I think they are just the cutest thing the world! I especially love the look of longies. But i'm using prefolds, so I don't think I can use wool. Is that right? I've used fleece, but didn't really care for it, is wool very different?
Might just put a wrap on and then pop a pair of wool longies on just for effect.

I would like to hear replies too, I was gonna just use longies because they're cute! Hehe

I love my longies!! They are fab!

Basically you use a fitted nappy that needs a wrap and you lanolise the wool so its nice and waterproof. You put the longies over the nappy and tada!!

When they need changing you just air the wool and they are good to go for the next time! I now only use wool at night! (just make sure your oh doesnt chuck them in the nappy pail as mine did coz now ive gotta wash them by hand and then they can take a while to dry!)

hmm... I dont have any fitteds. might just buy to use as trousers. next question... where to buy??

hmmm it depends really.. Do you want custom ones? Or maybe try preloved 1st? I have a couple of totsbots fitteds i can send you for cost of postage? If you want to try?

Might have a look at preloved. Thanks for offering to send fitteds. I actually use a laundry service which only provide prefolds. Actually had some totbots but sold them. now that I think about it, I actually have one left tucked in the far far corner of the nursery. Will check around online for preloved longies!

No worries hun :D

I have a couple of preloved woolies that i use overnight and then my customs are my show off ones!!

i dont see why you couldnt use them with prefolds if you are using pins or nippas to fasten rather than pad folding the prefold into a wrap

ok heres some for you -
(only have pics of him wearing one pair and the rest are drying!)
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs669.snc4/60941_1532092216907_1072823694_31561724_3291877_n.jpg

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs320.ash2/60068_1532092776921_1072823694_31561729_4095370_n.jpg

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs047.snc4/34688_1532093216932_1072823694_31561731_6439868_n.jpg

Thankyou hun i had them custom dyed and knitted for me in wolverine colours (she did the top too and i had a custom nappy dyed in the same colours!!) i have a pair being dyed today for me in spiderman colours!!

As long as you nippa the prefolds you can use wool, but it is easier with fitteds. The best thing about wool, especially longies, shorties and skirties, is that you don't have the problem of fitting clothes made for disposables over bulkier washables. The wool covers just stretch and fit, whatever is underneath!

I'm getting more and more custom orders, and have more and more designs as word spreads about the efficiency and ease of wool, as well as the message beginning to get through about them being cooler. They are just so nice against the skin as well - no marks left from elastic etc. Ad they really are so easy, as you just don't need to wash them very often at all. OK, they have to be hand washed when you do need to wash them, but it's not high tech!!

But best of all is the efficiency!

Sorry for what's probally a really stupid question but I'm I right in thinking that you can use wool instead of a wrap over things like totsbots? If so does it really stop all the wet comming through?

Sorry for what's probally a really stupid question but I'm I right in thinking that you can use wool instead of a wrap over things like totsbots? If so does it really stop all the wet comming through?

You can use wool over any nappy which doesn't already have a PUL outer on. Well you could use it over a PUL cover as well, but it would defeat the object! Yes, they do stop the wet coming through, as long as the nappy underneath still has room to absorb more wet! What's more, the nappy underneath can actually start to get dry again, while it;s still being worn, as any wet which evaporates with the warmth of your baby, does not condense on the inside of the wool but is absorbed by it,. It is then very slowly released as a vapour, without wetting anything outside. I know lots of people don't believe, but once they try they are usually hooked!! If you want to try one first, before you buy, PM me!

I can't nippa Jonah's prefolds. He has thick thighs and a pretty round belly. Can't seem to get the fit right!

You can use wool over any nappy which doesn't already have a PUL outer on. Well you could use it over a PUL cover as well, but it would defeat the object! Yes, they do stop the wet coming through, as long as the nappy underneath still has room to absorb more wet! What's more, the nappy underneath can actually start to get dry again, while it;s still being worn, as any wet which evaporates with the warmth of your baby, does not condense on the inside of the wool but is absorbed by it,. It is then very slowly released as a vapour, without wetting anything outside. I know lots of people don't believe, but once they try they are usually hooked!! If you want to try one first, before you buy, PM me!

Thats brilliant thank-you, I shall take you up on that when ive got a bum to try them on :) Thank-you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->