work and maternity leave

My work do not allow you to go straight from sick onto holiday without returning inbetween, because if you are sick you cannot use leave.

Perhaps thats why theres a delay, they are prob doing checks to work out the best way to sort it. Normally in these situations, you have to bring forward your maternity leave, you will still get your holidays at some stage, so shouldn't make any doff to you. They will either pay you the money, or let you take them after, so won't cause any probs hon.

Personally I would ring them, the waiting would do my head in. Mine took a week to reply and I was on the phone after a couple of days to make sure they got it lol.

My work (HR Dept) said they would pay me annual leave while Im off sick which is why I was gonna start mat leave at 29weeks but my manager told me to use up my sick paper and then start the mat leave which is apparently ok in my job which ment mat leave would start at 33weeks instead. Ive had a letter this morning to go in for a sick review and Im not even off sick now Im using annual leave so I really dont think they know what they are doing there xx

yea you have to keep on top of them make a note of when you ring and ask for a name so you know who you are talking to, i had a nightmare with my work as well right hand didnt know what left hand was doing and they kept pressurising me to hand in forms when i i wasnt legally obliged to when they demanded them, ( time scale) etc keep records to cover yourself and become a nuisance that way nothinig will go missed.:thumbup:

Let us know how you get on. Yes, it's a good idea to have things in writing but if you call or email you may get a quicker response - what you would do in the circumstance that you call is note down the time, date, length of the call, who you spoke to and what was said. Then you do have it in writing. If you send another letter they might just ignore it again if they're slow and you'll have all this stress dragging on. x

Let us know how you get on. Yes, it's a good idea to have things in writing but if you call or email you may get a quicker response - what you would do in the circumstance that you call is note down the time, date, length of the call, who you spoke to and what was said. Then you do have it in writing. If you send another letter they might just ignore it again if they're slow and you'll have all this stress dragging on. x

Thanks hun..will keep you all updated.. the cheeky part is before i sent the letter..they sent me one asking if i could send my sick notes in on time..

Once i was in hospital so only got the note at the end.. and 2nd time doc was on holiday so got it back dated by a few days..

still not heard anything.. was going to leave it til the end of the week and then contact them again..really annoying :-/

They do sound really annoying :-( As you say , they don't like you being late with anthing so they have some cheek! Good luck hon xxx

They do sound really annoying :-( As you say , they don't like you being late with anthing so they have some cheek! Good luck hon xxx

Thanks hun, sorry to still be moaning about it... i havent called her because shes not very nice (quite scary lol) and shes not only h.r but office manager aswell of the whole block.. so didnt want to rock the boat. OH told me to wait til the end of the week.. they definetly must have or they would be in contact asking for my old sick not or something.. ahhh stress lol xx:hugs:

Thanks hun, sorry to still be moaning about it... i havent called her because shes not very nice (quite scary lol) and shes not only h.r but office manager aswell of the whole block.. so didnt want to rock the boat. OH told me to wait til the end of the week.. they definetly must have or they would be in contact asking for my old sick not or something.. ahhh stress lol xx:hugs:

I was just reading through the posts. This lady you mention...is this the lady you need to go to? Within the HR dept. where I work, I have a specific person I needed to go to. I emailed her to let her know my manager and I signed the forms, then emailed her again to let her know the forms were on their way. She emailed back and said she would receive the forms as long as I had attentioned the post to her. I also kept a copy of the forms and Mat B1 just in case something happened...I'm also keeping the emails that we sent back and forth. I'll probably email her again mid-december if I haven't heard anything from her.

I see that she wears two hats...hr and manager...is she your manager as well? If not, I wonder if your manager could speak with her?

Ive bit the bullet and called my manager.. she was away from her desk so ive left a message.. :)

I was just reading through the posts. This lady you mention...is this the lady you need to go to? Within the HR dept. where I work, I have a specific person I needed to go to. I emailed her to let her know my manager and I signed the forms, then emailed her again to let her know the forms were on their way. She emailed back and said she would receive the forms as long as I had attentioned the post to her. I also kept a copy of the forms and Mat B1 just in case something happened...I'm also keeping the emails that we sent back and forth. I'll probably email her again mid-december if I haven't heard anything from her.

I see that she wears two hats...hr and manager...is she your manager as well? If not, I wonder if your manager could speak with her?

Thanks hun, she isnt my manager but is the top h.r lady at my work and she also runs all the offices.. ive called thru to my manager to have a catch up and see if she can sort it out for me and chase her up.. atleast that keeps her in the loop then as i havent spoken to her for a few weeks. :flower: hopefully will get some news shortly x

Tink, I had confirmation from HR yesterday about my new dates for maternity leave, so only waited a week. Ive gone straight from sick leave onto annual leave and will then start mat leave on 11th December. Ive also had all the dates for me to return etc. xx

Tink, I had confirmation from HR yesterday about my new dates for maternity leave, so only waited a week. Ive gone straight from sick leave onto annual leave and will then start mat leave on 11th December. Ive also had all the dates for me to return etc. xx

Oh im so glad you got it sorted :happydance:..im waiting for a call back from my manager now.. an hour feels like a day lol.. hopefully update soon :) x

so annoyed, ive still not heard from H.R with regards to my maternity leave.. I spoke to my manager last week who was going to chase it up.. but nothing.. really dont know where to go with it now :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->