Work trip!!

Mya209

Reaction score
I'm supposed to be going on a trip for work on Thursday that involves being driven in my bosses car for around three hours each way and attending a meeting.

I have a sick phobia so being in my bosses car for three hours would normally cause me anxiety but now I'm actually pregnant and suffering very strong nausea and exhaustion that's debilitating me. I'm very unsure about the whole thing. I'm worried ill feel sick or be unwell and be a liability and is it irresponsible to go regardless if I think I could be ill

I don't really want to tell my boss about the baby before my scan (12 weeks) as I don't want him knowin I want another baby if something like a miscarrage happened and I'd have to try again.

I'm feeling so ill that I'm considering telling him but it would be against my true wishes. Can anyone else think of a good way to get out of this trip? Calling in sick at the last min isn't ideal as I've called in sick a few times in the last few weeks and I'd feel pretty guilty about it!

It's a bit of a sticky situation but if it were me I would tell him. I have had to tell my boss as I have appointments with my consultant every two weeks due to a blood clotting disorder so need to leave the office for a few hours to attend my appointments. I know where you are coming from as I feel the same. Having had three miscarriages this year it's a big risk as it could happen again but fingers crossed!

I'm guessing it all depends on whether you could handle the long drives without giving too much away that you are pregnant x

I would be honest with him. Think that's the only way you'll feel more comfortable. He can't hold it against you. I told my boss the other day because I was feeling so ill at work. I was scared of telling her but she gave me a big hug and told me how pleased she was for me. Your boss might surprise you to!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->