working from home? ADVICE NEEDED...

The benefit system isn't fair, but unless there is a valid reason for people not working, or people can afford to be SAHM's you should be out providing for your family.

Childcare is out there as expensive as it is, you would get help from tax credits up to 70% paid for! Me and Dale work all month to pay for childcare and are left with a little bit extra which buys in her food and clothes, but I have been raised with the view that if I choose to bring children in the world I have to provide for them.

i agree that you should work some hours... even if its to get some space (which everybody needs!) i like working my 4 hours a day but i could easily not work at all and be a SAHM as long as colins wages covered everything!

Sorry to sound dumb, but whats SAHM?

Because I have never been in this predicament before- I really dont know what I would be entitled too.
And to Jo, I will stil get income support when baby is born (plus child benefit i think?), but I wont need to provide drs letters. I dunno why they stil want them or why my pay goes through the incapcity dpt, because Im not even on incapacity. My understanding of income support was that ANYONE can claim it, is this right KX? and do you happen to know why, if im on income support, the incapacity dept are paying it to me? I dont get that at all. They tried explaining it to me but no matter how many times they explain it, Im like 'huh?'

And Yvanne, babys dad is friends with my brother, so I get messages passed on! He likes to be in control and wants me to feel as though I 'need' him, which is why I still have not got the moses basket or anything else which is at his house such as baby clothes. When brother asked for a few things the other day, he said "Its staying at my house"; that was it, nothing more, nothing less. Men eh!???

but why did you apply for incapcity in the first place if you are able to work?

SAHM = stay at home mum

your ex should pay you maintanance.. its the law!

Income Support will be paying ur IB if u havent paid enough national insurance contributions

go to

https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/BenefitsTaxCreditsAndOtherSupport/index.htm

you are entitled to £500 hun
bex

go to

https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/BenefitsTaxCreditsAndOtherSupport/index.htm

you are entitled to £500 hun
bex
ooooo thanks for that Bex, we just realized my dad can get disability allowance. Cool :)

The reason you'll get Income Support instead of incapacity benefit is because you won't have paid enough National Insurance in the past 3 years to qualify for it.

If you're able to work though, which in your posts you say you are, you shouldn't be getting income support for ill health or getting your GP to give you sick notes

But don't get me started on incapacity benefit and DLA, ok

I had to get sick notes cause of My SPD, astma etc etc when PG with maddie ...

Not getting why your getting IB whilst well??

xxx

she is not getting IB it is going through them instead of the income support. Ithink at the end of the day louise has doen her best to get work but liek she says no-one will employ her at this stage in her pregnancy.

I think it is shit the way she is being treated with her money etc

louise i didnt even know you werent with your partner. He will have to give you money for sure

My sister is in same situation as you and she gets £56 for her a week,tax credits of I think £18 a week and then child benefit of £17.90 a week and housing benefit,council tax etc etc

I dont think you should go back to work enjoy your time with your boy I know if I was a single mum I wouldnt he needs you espcially with Dad not that great at mo.........you are I believe entitled to grants (my sis got £500) and a loan (crisis) interest free from council but I am not sure if this applies to you being in your own house they give you. Either housing acossiation or council

Get what you can hun every other bugger does,dont play all nice and on ball on phone either go for it.
take care
bex

Not saying that she should be working, what I'm saying is that it's wrong for her to get sick notes if she's not unwell. I agree she should look after her baby, but don't get me started on sickness benefits.

Not saying that she should be working, what I'm saying is that it's wrong for her to get sick notes if she's not unwell. I agree she should look after her baby, but don't get me started on sickness benefits.

i meant that too

Im sure everyone would love to stay at home with their kids!

Just a word of warning, if you are planning working for cash in hand, and are not planning to tell the benefits agency (I got that impression from your posts, if I am wrong I apologise) you will be committing benefit fraud, its not worth having a criminal record or the repayments.

It is tough but you do struggle through, I am worrying aout having to live off my mat pay as it will be a right drop in income but after a while you can always get back into work, perhaps when baby is 6 months or something?

Avon rep os taxable pay if over a higher threshold and you have to declare yourself to tax office as soon as joining even if you dont earn required amount,I know this as I was an Avon area representative Team leader.

I am with Beanie tho Louise be careful hun in regards to that.

And sickness benefit now I had 6 months off with my pregnancy sick I am glad there are benefits available

Also I am back FULLTIME soon and looking forward to it
Mad

Louise, are you getitng sick note for anxiety?

Ive been on the benefits bandwagon and it wasnt easy but we managed.

def be careful with the cash in hand jobs.

I'm still puzzled with sick notes if you aren't working

can some one explain slowly to me please??

Do u mean sick notes that she is submitting for her Incapacity Benefit claim?

Sick notes need to be submitted for that..:wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->