Working from home with a 5 month old.

C

Ceejay123

When I got pregnant, i decided to complete a certificate in Swedish Massage, and get insured so that I was licensed to do this to the public. I'm now fully certified and used to work doing this last year - It's brilliant money to be honest.. A lot per hour.

My LO is 5 months old.. I really should go back to doing it properly, be self employed... but I don't want to run myself ragged :( I guess I could just do 3 a week or so? but once you're into doing it, it's hard to keep it back like that. I just don't want to miss out on precious time with my LO, and he's up early most days which makes it hard to get up and do something when I'm shattered!

Is anyone else doing anything like this and not having it interfere with LO and them? I might wait til I'm back at Uni and just do it the day's I'm off in October.. x

I work from home running my own business. Before my lo came along I was employed full time and just did a few hours a week of my own stuff. When he was about 6 months old I picked it back up again and didn't return to my previous full time job.

It's worked great for us - the majority of my work I do on an evening when lo is in bed (emails, website stuff etc) and then my parents have lo for me while I'm out and about (one of two days per week for 3 hours or so on average).

For us it's fantastic - no childcare, Oliver isnt in nursery, it's all really good!

Yeah.. My OH could have LO while I do massages, and for doing one I can get £40.. Obviously minus tax... Its amazing money, just so hard to get back into it when I look at my gorgeous little ones face. x

I worked from home for a while and I ended up using a lovely, lovely childminder I found, mainly because I couldn't concentrate with LO around - I kept getting distracted by the cuteness :p But good on your for getting trained :) I got a certificate to teach english, turned out to be the best thing I ever did :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->