Working Mothers

I went back to the work when my elder son was 1year and 3months, now after birth of my younger son I am at home for 2years and 8 months and plan to start work again soon. I don`t like to be a housewife but I have to be, mostly because of the elder son, as last September he started school and he needed my control very much. The younger son last September started nursery. He was 1year and 7 months. In our country only babies from 1year and 6 month can go to nursery, with the rare exception, but mothers also rare go to work before 1-1,5year. Till this period we have a mat pay and till 3 year an employer must give us the same position and the same salary as it was before the leave. So both my sons have adopted to the school/nursery and I can work.
I worked full time as a buying manager and it was difficult to combine work, home and a child even with big help of the husband. Now I think with horror that I will have to work having two children, but I also don`t want to stay at home more, as it is boring for me. I would be glad to have a part time work but it is difficult to find or it is low payed.

Any other working moms have a baby who's a lousy sleeper?
Only the past few weeks has he started doing a 4/5 hour block of sleep, but it's his first block, so I only get about 2/3 hours sleep out of it myself (If I'm lucky). Last night he regressed and woke every 2 hours. Getting up every 3 hours and only getting 5-7 hours sleep a night for 6 months is the best birth control I can think of!

I went back when caleb was 7 months. I only work 2 days (weekends) but will do more as caleb and future baby are older.
Im a ward clerk at a hosptial.
Caleb has only just started to sleep better. Normally 8-5 bottle then till about 8 unless im in early xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->