Working out my return to work date is soooo stressful? Is it just me?

SmileyKez

Reaction score
So my 12 months is up on 6th December, but i have accrued almost a full years holiday, plus ive just been advised bank holidays. I am asking to go back 3 days rather than 5, so trying to work out exactly when and how i go back is soooo confusing.

My manager just told me i have 35 days, i think this is wrong, so i should go back near end of Jan, so im thinking i should go back just before this. That is based on my taking full time holidays over this time, then starting part time when i actually go back.

I think being off this long has pickled my brain!! Does anyone else find this really confusing?

I did! I left work on the 10th dec 2012, im going back on the 2nd december.
Mine was based around how much we could afford. I'm doing some paid keep in touch days (2 days per week for 5 weeks). You might get those 35 days with bank holidays??? I get 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays but I've only accrued 20 as we're part way through the year and I'm going back part time. So I'm adding those annual leave days onto the end of my keep in touch days. If I were you I'd contact hr and establish exactly how many days annual leave you've got.
If you're not desperate for money, just add the amount of days to the 6th January.
Xxx

I found it incredibly stressful. All the misinformation and pressure nearly drove me crazy.

Oh good! Glad I'm not the only one! I can't work out when I'm classed as part time, and that's what's confusing me! So I've asked hr to class me as part time from when I am physically back in the office, so I get a full month of full time pay, rather than an extra few weeks off!

I guess almost 14 months off is long enough!

I feel really emotional now I've sent the letter, not just coz I'm gonna be leaving my LO, but this almost feels like the end of a journey, a new chapter almost! ��

I've just come back to work and have 40-odd days A/L to take, wish I knew before putting LO into nursery full time.

I'm the same ATM. I'm SPOSED to be due back 7th dec (I had leave early due to health reasons) but I was SPOSED to use all my holidays from that year b4 (as I saved them all) b4 my mat leave started. Due to being ill and not sending me my pay slips I just assumed they had, however I've only just found out they never paid me my holidays and started mat pay so what should have taken me to jan brings me to dec now :(

I'm absoulouty gutted as it means I have to work Christmas Day now whereas if I went back jan id get out ofit. :( I actually cried after I spoke on the fone, I didn't think it would bother me so much.

Anyway sorry for butting in your post OP but can you use your holidays that you've acquired whilst on May leave b4 you actually go back? Because I was told I could only have these holidays once I've returned? Also the keeping in touch days do they have to be b4 you officially go back or from the date your due back?

I dont know what the law says, but where i work its managers discretion but its almost a given that they let you tag holidays onto then end of Mat leave. I have never heard of anyone having to physically return to work to take them, as long as you have confirmed you are going back. They are your holidays so they have to let you take them, and i assume as long as it doesnt interfere with "business" like all holidays then you can take them whenever.

Im not sure about the kit days as i didnt bother with them.

Once you take annual leave technically you've finished mat leave, but are still not present in the work place. I can't imagine any employer wanting you to go back to work an then up and leave for a month to take annual leave.

Keep in touch days have to be whilst you're still on mat leave. So any time from when you go off until a year or so later when you go back.

Your contract changes the day you go back part time, you are classed as full time up until that point x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->