Working part-time/from home advice

aimee-lou

Totally Outnumbered!!
Reaction score
Hi all,

We've been weighing up the options and it looks like I've got no choice but to go down to part-time or find a way of working from home. It's because at the moment I 'earn too much' to be able to get help, but we cannot currently afford to pay our rent etc as we are paying out more (on bills, childcare etc) than we're bringing home (£18k a year - I earn £250 a week, hubby is a student).

I am currently applying for any job I can get for 20-30 hours a week (which would allow us to cut down the amount of childcare. I also need it to be close to home as it's costing me £28 a week just to get too and from work, and takes a hour each way.

Is there anything that anyone can help with that will either be a viable option to work from home - I would be willing to work 2 jobs if needs be as long as the hours weren't more than I'm working currently (55 hours a week including commuting). Can anyone tell me if there are any un-tapped ources of jobs that don't perhaps advertise on the normal channels. I currently trawl job sites including the job centre, but I have trouble getting any further. I've put CV's round town to the local shops and supermarkets but so far have only been offered an interview for an 8 hours a week contract, which wouldn't be enough. :nope:

I'm trying really hard and I want to work. We love our house (only moved here 1 month ago) but it's so expensive justto live at the moment and to be told we're not entitled to help has really knocked me back. I have exactly 4 weeks to get this sorted so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Aimee

EDITED by admin

TOS
When using BabyandBump, be polite, do not break the law, and do not post anything that has any hint of self-publicity or advertising.

i'm doing a few hours a week doing adult phone lines, not to every ones taste but some ops are making up to £400 a week.

Hi all,

Well time is running out and apart from making the decision to cut down my hours at work (which incidentally hasn't helped as I apparently still earn too much but can now claim the heady sum of £7 a week towards the rent! Score! lol) which has cut down the childcare etc but also out income. One cancels the other out though so luckily I think we're £10 worse off (well £3 if you count the HB lol)

I really need something sorted quick. Any ideas would be welcomed. Hypnorm....I would normally give anything a go but I don't think I'm brave enough for that. Plus....I spend all day on the phone in a call centre so really not a great time to be had lol. :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->