world peace

smelly07

Mummy of 2 girls & wifey
Reaction score
what would we need to do to acheive this?

do you think we are able to acheive it or do you think it will never happen?

I agree as well!!!!!!!!!

I do not feel, it will ever be possible to acheive total world peace.

No unpleasantly neither do I.
Infact I think we're heading into another war within our life times where things like oil/gas/fossil fuels become even more scarce

As long as there's land oil and religion... No chance!!

Yep i agree........as it stands now.........if the world continues to grow as it is, in as little as 20-50 years there will start to be shortages, food, water, fuels.... and prices will rise and it will cause more war/crime if it gets to that point.

Perhaps not for our generation, but maybe for our children, and their children.

At the moment, every country is operates on the basis of "self-interest". Even acts which appear to be altruistic/humanitarian in nature, are usually driven by self-interest. The wars in the middle east are an example. Even with Libya. The "heroes" only entered that war because they had a vested interest in the oil produced by the country. It is very telling that in countries that have nothing "real" to give, they just sit idly by. A good example is Zimbabwe. The US and its allies probably don't see the reward that might come with ousting the dictator.

What it boils down to is that people always see themselves as "them and us". The fact that we are all one people escapes many people, and in effect many leaders. There is a lot of ego as well.

In Africa, the leaders do not think twice about going to war about the most trivial things, and all this boils down to is an egoic need to be superior to someone else, whether someone of a different ethnicity, religion, tribe etc. People are not taught how to live in harmony even when we differ in our opinions and beliefs, and case in point is all the arguments that take place on BnB. On this forum, an internet forum, people will gang up against others on the basis of a difference of opinion, its no wonder world peace seems like an unreachable ideal.

I am all for world peace, but I think at this stage it is so unrealistic, the focus needs to be on peace with oneself. A significant amount of individuals are not even at peace with themselves evidenced by the number of addicts, insecure people, anti-social behaviour, inferiority complexes, superiority complexes, the hate etc.

In the words of one of my fav guys of all time "if we want to make the world a better place, we have to look at ourselves and make that change." Its too easy to sit in a detached manner assessing the plausibility of world peace, because that peace shall never come until we are all at peace with ourselves. After that, we need to be peaceful with our friends and family. Then the world at large.

x

Loving the optimism in this thread!!!

:haha:

I realised after the first few posts that this thread will die a quick death............all of the posts being in the lines of :nope:

who is your favourite guy lightworker?

My reason for thinking that world peace will never happen is because i believe we are all here for a reason, to learn and to become more aware by having different experiences which helps us in our progress in life after death.

(i have been reading a lot of books lately, that do all make sense to me but i can understand why people might think i sound crazy lol)

Micheal Jackson I think LW is refering to?!

Man in the mirror!

But trust lightworker to come back with debate and a non pesimistic response...

Light worker for prime minister... Smells you can be 2nd in command!!

i was betting on 2pac myself for LW's special guy............:haha:

lol..it was Michael Jackson, wasn't really familiar with Tupac's work.

Smelly I get you. My big ambition is to do some work for the universal welfare of children. But sometimes I question myself because it means that I am trying to force my own desires on the rest of the world. Maybe I should let things be. From a spiritual point of view, I agree we choose certain life experiences to help us grow, and maybe some children need to starve, to be abused etc to help them fulfill their life purposes and learn the lessons they came to learn.

I know it sounds harsh, but part of me seriously believes that. However, I think we are all each other's teachers, and maybe by trying to help others, I will be playing a part in the lesson they are learning ( can you tell I haven't thought about that fully :haha:)

But yeah.

Not sure really. Its nature to some extent! I dont think it is EVER possible. People are BOUND to fall out/want something others have and with all the war technology nowadays, its unavoidable that people use force to get things they want. Sadly.

lol..it was Michael Jackson, wasn't really familiar with Tupac's work.

Smelly I get you. My big ambition is to do some work for the universal welfare of children. But sometimes I question myself because it means that I am trying to force my own desires on the rest of the world. Maybe I should let things be. From a spiritual point of view, I agree we choose certain life experiences to help us grow, and maybe some children need to starve, to be abused etc to help them fulfill their life purposes and learn the lessons they came to learn.

I know it sounds harsh, but part of me seriously believes that. However, I think we are all each other's teachers, and maybe by trying to help others, I will be playing a part in the lesson they are learning ( can you tell I haven't thought about that fully :haha:)

But yeah.

I was thinking of 2pacs song.. changes......:haha:

lightworker thats exactly what i believe also but i also do think we are here to help to.............pretty complex to explain fully especially now as my brain is not functioning as it should be and it isnt even the weekend yet!

To get world peace we need to adopt a rule that government leaders should have no right to kill anybody. Governments should have no right to kill people, the same as civilians. Wars are caused by conflicting ideas of acceptable national behaviour. I think world peace is within our grasp. We need clear rules of what is acceptable and not acceptable, and violence should not be the first option. 70% of Americans agree with the death penalty, but this is their emotions speaking, not their brains. The death penalty does not stop people from murdering. Holding grudges and seeking revenge needs to go. It does not work. It does not work for civilians and it does not work for governments. People need to be activists to tell our governments what we want from them. Maybe this is just a pipe dream, but I have read about it, and I do believe that it can happen. There is more to 'world peace' than just fighting too. I think corrupt governments that lead to people starving is part of the problem. But if there is no oil, then people don't care about these countries and nothing is done to help get them on track. It's sick. Our world is sick. Whoever talked about Michael Jackson...yes...he is one person on this planet that truly got it.

i dont think itll happen either. too many selfish people :(! however, i dont think there will ever be a 3rd world war. too advanced in weapon making that itd be too easy to destroy the planet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->