world peace

In reference to women in power... I think what I meant more is that if it were acceptable that ppl in positions of power could make decisions in a positive and peaceful way, without that being seen as weak it would be better. Meaning women who have had power have often had to act in a ruthless manner as doing otherwise would have been seen as weak, and they feel they must constantly act a certain way to make up for their gender. I used gender outright, but I would tend instead towards saying that characteristics commonly associated with the male gender, decision-making, ruthlessness vs female ones of caring, empathy etc.

Unfortunately at this point in history there are not many examples of strong female leaders, they are still a minority and positions of power are still viewed as masculine positions. Ex, Canada has had 1 female prime-minister, who was not elected and subsequently lost the position very quickly, the US has had none.

thanks lightworker, (i didnt think it would get past page 2 lol)

Did you watch the ross kemp documentaries and in particlaur the one about Congo?

No! I watched him in Kenya, South Africa, Belize etc..I missed the Congo..I'm off to youtube now to see if its there. woohoo

Yes, I think world peace is possible. It will take a long time to get there, but it can happen.
I lived in Toronto for eight years. It is one of the most multi-cultural cities in the world. Yes, there are occasionally violent or aggressive incidents based on cultural differences, but the overwhelming majority of the time, you have people of all races sitting together on the public transit, walking down the street together, enjoying an outdoor concert together without targeting each other and trying to solve their differences with violence. That's just one city. It is possible. One small step at a time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->