Worried about feeling disappointed....is it normal?

wife1stmum2nd

Mummy to Jenson
Reaction score
I am 14 weeks pregnant tomorrow with my 2nd, we have a gorgeous DS already who is 2 1\2yrs. With our son we stayed team yellow but I had a feeling he was a boy all the way through but I don't know if that's because I wanted a boy first.

I am really worried about being disappointed if we find out we're having another boy and I hate thinking it and saying it. I think it would be a case of feeling disappointed for a few days and then feeling fine but I wondered if its normal to feel like this and if so what experiences have others had? Was it as bad as they thought when they found out?

I hate even thinking this way and I've talked to my husband about it and he says he understands but I'm not sure he totally gets it.

We've not set a limit on how many children we plan to have but I can't help but think this could be our last and I would love to have a daughter.

As we stayed team yellow with our son we would love to stay team yellow this time as it was a magical moment when my husband was the one to tell me what we'd had and we would love that again but I'm just worried that if it is a boy will I have disappointment and I don't want that when the baby arrives. It could be completely the opposite because I've got baby in my arms.

I'm just hoping there are some people who have felt the same or feeling the same as this is started to worry me and make me feel like a bad mother :cry:

All that matters is that baby is healthy and ultimately we got pregnant again because we wanted another baby not because I wanted a girl but I can't help how I'm feeling at this moment in time.

Any thoughts would be great :thumbup:

Ever since I was little I always wanted 2 kids, the boy first and the girl second. My dreams came crashing down when I found out my second was another boy. I was very heartbroken and had a hard time bonding with baby. When he was born tho I was in love! My two boys are the best of friends and the little one always looks up to his big brother. This time around I got lucky and got my girl but now I'd like to try for her sister so she can have a friend like my boys do :haha: but that won't happen as this is our last. Hopefully she'll have that connection with the boys. So my point is, having the same gender is not all bad. I have a sister and no brothers and we are extremely close! Hoping you hear pjnk! Xx

:hugs:
I was team yellow for my 1st, i just knew he was going to be a boy though and sure enough he was. I didn't have a preference with that pregnancy as i wanted both genders.
I don't like being team yellow so I've found out with my next 3. I was slightly disappointed when they told me i was having another boy. Didn't cry over it or anything and was fine. We decided only 2 kids but 2 years later we changed our minds and 2 years later had DS3. When i was told boy for the 3rd time i was gutted, i had to get up and use the rest room to cry, i was so ashamed for feeling so sad after seeing a healthy baby rolling around. The look on my husband's face made it worse cause he wanted a daughter as well.
I bonded with the baby throughout the rest of my pregnancy and inly felt a touch of disappointment when we double checked at birth to see if he was a boy and i love them all to bits, they are all such wonderful and sweet little boys. Ds3 was definitely our last thought but i guess god had other plans and we got pregnant again by surprise and we are having a girl this time. Im very happy and scared at the same time, scared they got it wrong or something.
But i definitely needed to know so i could process it if baby had of been a boy. Not that he wouldn't have been loved just that i would have needed extra time.
Good luck i hope you hear girl x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->