worried about GD test on Tues...

L

larudy13

Ugh I am dreading going to my Dr. on Tuesday I am supposed to drink some sugary liquid to get tested for Gestational Diabetes. I am just worried I guess, worried of course about the possibility of having GD but also worried about drinking the fluid. Has any one else done this test? How does it taste? I get sick when I drink too much liquid so I'm not sure about whats going to happen after I drink it I might end up barfing :cry: Its making my tummy upset just thinking about the test. What happens if I end up having GD????

Everyone has to do the test, it's really no big deal. I had mine done two weeks ago and everything came out fine. The drink I was given just tasted like orange Kool-Aid that wasn't watered down enough. It was really sweet but not as bad as I thought it would be. The worst part of the test was having to wait an hour to have my blood drawn.

They give you a whole five minutes to drink it down, so you don't have to guzzle it. I was expecting much worse, to be honest. I'm near Chicago, by the way. Hope that helps!

Thanks a lot for your reply! I am near chicago as well so hopefully it wont be bad for me lol

Oh, and if you end up failing the test, you have to take another test to see if you have GD for sure. Even if you do have it (chances are slim) it can be easily controlled. Try not to get yourself worked up over it. It's a routine test that isn't so bad and chance are that you will be fine!

Also, if you have urine tested whenever you have a doctor's/MW appointment, and that was okay, you should be okay with test....

I am worried as well, but my husband reminded me that I give a urine sample at every visit and he has watched my ob/gyn do the test, so hopefully, my GD/GTT test will be ok...

best of luck!

I did the orange flavor last time and it was just like flat orange pop, not great but not horrible. Felt a little queasy until I was able to eat after the test but never truly nauseous.

Just had mine this past Monday, and honestly it wasn't even bad.
I chose the orange drink, and tasted like sweet, flat orange soda. I didn't think it was really all that sugary tasting or like a syrup like I thought it was going to be.

I was really wanting to cancel and just reschedule, but glad I did it and got it over with! :) totally was not bad. Don't worry.

I got my results the other day and I passed, and I'm sure you will too!
..if you don't for some reason, you'll be re-tested, and if it turns out positive again, you'll be put on a special diet and just be monitored a little more to make sure bubba doesn't get too big, not really a big deal :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->