Worried about infection after loss and ERPC at 14 weeks PG

My cervix was actually really low a few days ago so I am thinking (hoping!) ov as it has definitely changed position in the last few days. The soreness is new, it wasn't like that directly after the erpc it does seem to be after I have checked my cp.

Poppy are you having to use a pad or anything or is it just on wiping?
I would suggest that if you have just ovulated as you'll enter the luteal phase, the progesterone would (I think!!) thicken the uterus and so the spotting might stop...and if a beanie were to nestle in there would be plenty of lining for him/her to do so...I think that's what you were worried about weren't you? I have to admit that I worry if I've been a bit reckless in dtd when I am pretty sure I'm fertile without having had a period first :blush:

allmuddledup I worry that we have all hijacked your thread here when you'd initially posted about infection....however I have to say I'm finding it really helpful that we've all carried on supporting each other as we're roughly the same stages!

Yes Suze im using something still :dohh: 25 days and counting lol... just had a bath and my cervix was high up and spotting :haha:

Suze, that's a really good sign then I reckon if the changes are only recent. Fingers crossed for you that you O this cycle. Do you chart your BBT? That should help confirm if you ovulate. Good luck!!! You keep saying you are being reckless, but I think you just want a baby. It's okay to TTC again now if that's what you really want to do. I think Doctors like for us to wait until we've had AF to make sure we've returned to normal and to make the dating easier but I don't know of any other reasons apart from personal choice based on how we'd feel about the uncertainty of when new baby was conceived. Do you know of any other reason to wait? Did your doctor give you a reason?

Poppy, the high CP could certainly be a good sign (especially coupled with the pos OPK). As for the effect of continued spotting, if women can conceive while on their period (rare but it has happened due to flukes in cycles) then you've got a chance I reckon. I would try not to get too bummed out if it doesn't happen this soon after the miscarriage though as your body is still trying to get back to normal and might not respond in the same way it would otherwise. I think charting your temps is the best way to help manage your expectations though, at least you'll be able to confirm if you've ovulated. Fingers crossed!!

Please don't worry about the thread going off topic. It really helps me to come here and see you ladies chatting away and responding to my posts. It's good to have friends here that can understand what each other is going through. Please don't go away!!!!

Not going anywhere think your stuck with us on here now sweetie :haha: x

Morning Suze well i got the goods last night but boy did i bleed after :haha: gonna call myself spotty poppy lol.. also my temps went up so next few days i'll know if i ov'd. How you? x

Yay for the elevated temps Spotty Poppy! Sounds like your body is doing it's damnedest to ovulate. Fingers crossed temps stay up for at least two weeks! Wonder what your doctor will say about the continued bleeding. I know you must be so frustrated waiting to get back to normal.

Lol. I'm so happy to be "stuck" with you two. Couldn't ask for two lovelier buddies. :)

I went to the GP today about extending my time off work. Fortunately she was lovely about it and signed me off a further 3 weeks so I can get through Gerri's funeral, then we will talk about easing me back into work. I'm lucky to have such good healthcare people looking after me. I would be so stressed out if they weren't bothered and just told me to get on with it (like the consultant I spoke to after the ectopic pregnancy when I was practically fainting from blood loss and he was like "just carry on with activity as usual." Not the best approach I've heard).

How are you ladies feeling this morning? :hugs:

That's great to hear that you have an understanding GP, mine is great too. I think staying off until after Gerri's funeral is a good idea, that's what I did and then went back on a 'phased return' a couple of weeks later. I don't think you'd be able to concentrate on work otherwise. Then see how you are after that and take it from there, is your employer understanding too? I hope you get the date soon too so you know where you are.

Morning spotty Poppy :haha: I think it has to be increased cervix sensitivity after the erpc. I hope it clears up for you soon, as least you'll know if you have ov'd from your temps.

We dtd again last night, I was quite surprised, twice in one day :blush: I'm just waiting to pee on the opk at the moment....can't wait actually!! It hasn't been 3 weeks yet but I'm already wondering when my results will come in, they said 4-6 weeks

I agree with Suze you really dont need any added pressure with Gerri's funeral coming up, nice to hear you have a very understanding doctor, as for your consultant thats disgraceful treatment :growlmad:

Suze yahhhh for getting the goods :happydance:

Ive got doctors Thurseday think im suffering a bit of depression 'not been myself and im flying off the handle with OH and LO at the slightest thing' so i need to speak to him and see what he says, ive not felt like this since the miscarriage think ive had it for months after LO was born, but since the miscarriage i think thats push me over the edge more so needs sorting. Will mention the spotting whilst im there x

Oh dear Poppy that doesn't sound good :hugs: I think if there has been something lying a bit dormant then I'm sure the mc will have pushed it over the edge. Have you sufferred from depression or anything in the past? Good that you've got the docs on Thursday, have you got a good GP? I hope so, it does help in this type of situation.

My opk was definitely very negative today, am thinking I did have a really short surge

I dont think i have but im not too good a talking to anyone i bottle things up, hardly go doctors so will see what he says..

Yeah think i had a small surge mine was negative last night, guess we have to wait :haha: im not holding out for this cycle more a trial cycle i think x

I forgot to mention earlier that I finally got a total BFN this morning. I didn't feel sad like I feared I would, just relieved. That must be progress, right?

Sooo, based on the final BFN and my previous experiences, I am expecting AF in the second week of February. I'm going to try really hard not to observe any other signs of my cycle lest I work myself into a crazy obsessed TTC state. OH has been 'delivering the goods' every couple of days as promised so it would be self-defeating for me to chart right now anyway. I'm sure the underlying tension created by my obsessing over every little sign is what delayed our conceiving Gerri in the first place (not helped either by PCOS though).

My employer has been quite understanding which helps. I spoke to HR last week who told me I am entitled to full pay until mid-May so it takes the pressure off there as well. I think I will go back by mid-February. I am finding things get a little easier everyday so, barring any major set-backs, I think that will be okay.

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so down Poppy. I don't know if it helps to hear it but it is perfectly normal to get depressed after the loss you've had. It is also quite common to get post-natal depression (I was affected by it for almost a full year after my son was born) so you aren't alone. My best advice is to try not to bottle it up, allow yourself to feel what you feel, and don't forget to take care of yourself (or let others take care of you when you need it). I hope the doctor is able to offer some support that you will find helpful. :hugs:

Gaaahh!! I can't believe it! I'm spotting again!! I've had no bleeding or spotting since Friday morning until about an hour ago and Blam! There is was when I went to the toilet. I've been getting a little mild cramping today but I thought (optimistically) that maybe it was ovulation approaching (not that I'm thinking about it *whistles and looks away*) or just a side effect of our enthusiasm last night. Oh, I dunno. I want this to end!!! :growlmad:

How are you ladies doing? Any more insights into what's happening with yourselves? Anyone else DTD again? lol. Our OHs must be feeling really lucky the last week, eh?

Welcome to my spotty world :haha: im having to use something today because its like a light period since we dtd last night... but ive had mild cramps too.

I said to OH fancy a bit tonight he said ' noooooooooooooooooooooooo im sore' lmao only because ive not been relaxed whilst dtd.

Glad to hear you got your BFN sweetie, but sorry to hear about the spotting :hugs: im actually pissed off with mine now x

As for dtd :nope: ive had my fill 'sort of speak' x

Hi Spotty Poppy, you can call me Spotty Ellen. :haha:

I truly thought I'd got to the end of the cramping and spotting. Guess not. Do you think it could be due to DTD while we are still healing? I'm starting to think so.

I told my OH today that I'm giving him off till Wednesday cuz he didn't show enough enthusiasm for DTD last night. lol. I said he's gonna have to act like he really wants it if he wants to see any action before then (he's always said he needs a full 48 hours to recharge anyway. Why can't men be more like women and ready for it anytime??). The way things are going with my body again, it would probably be best to take a few days off anyway. Sigh...

How you feeling tonight ladies? I've not had a particularly good day, a lot of sluggishness and sleeping, but I've made it through the day now, my son is in bed, the laundry is done, and I am ready to watch some telly! Here I come 'Brothers and Sisters' (it's an addiction I feed by downloading from the internet).

Nice to meet you Spotty Ellen :haha:

Well if the spotting is caused by DTD my cervix can have a weeks rest now cos im not doing it, im going to mention it Thurseday. Im just going to go put Korben to bed so i can chill out and watch something on TV.

Sorry your day not been so good sweetie :hugs:

Oh im confused now need advice... since dtd last night ive used about 4 Tampons and bits of clots on last one (tmi) only tiny bits, but can i call this spotting or af? got my positive opk saturday ( negative sunday) temps dramatically dropped sunday ov day and risen again this morning? arghhhhhhhh

Sorry Ellen I think I missed your earlier about you getting a BFN, that's good and also good that you weren't really upset about it too. But a bit of a shame about the spotting being back, I'm going to say it again but I do think its these sensitive 'cervixes'! We've not dtd since our 2x yesterday but I have had ewcm so would like to tonight but OH seems too keen on a quantum physics programme on the tv :dohh:

Oh god Poppy thats awful that you've had to use tampons it must be really heavy :growlmad:
I'm not sure what to suggest and I'd say it's sounds a bit more than my blooming cervix theory :blush: Have you done a opk AND a hpt maybe? I'm not sure what this might show up though because you did get your negative hpt a few days ago didn't you? What about your cervix position, although you might not want to check it with how things are?

Im not heavy its just a light flow since we dtd at 1am this morning, used 4 tampons in 20hrs... ive tested negative Tuesday and everyday.. opk went positive saturday then back to negative sun n today :shrug:

I dont know Suze lol x will check cervix now im going for a quick bath lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->