Worried about my kittens new owner. Advice?

stephx

Reaction score
My cat had 4 kittens, they are 5 weeks old now :cloud9:

I'm a little worried about one of the new owners and i'm not sure if it's warranted.

She wants to take the cat now. At 5 weeks old :wacko: They are still nursing and have only just started eating food.

Last week she asked me if she could come and take the kitten, her words were.. as long as they are eating a tiny amount of food, it will be fine :shrug: Obviously I said no. They were only 4 weeks old ffs!

She also said when she first came round, she had just got rid of her dog because it was too much for her. Judging by her facebook- she still has the dog. Not sure why she would lie about it but it makes me worried.

Also going from facebook, she is posting a few times a day asking for a free puppy.

They seem like a 'rough' family and I'm just worried for this ickle kitten with a massive staffy pit bull type dog, potentially a new puppy, and what seems like a irresponsible owner

She's already paid a £10 deposit. Should I trust my gut and tell her to bugger off? Or am I overthinking this?

I'd trust your gut. She doesn't sound like she knows how to care for a kitten if she was wanting to remove it from it's mother at 4 weeks! x

I took in a pregnant mother cat once and she had four kittens. No way would I let them go that young. I kept them until 8 weeks and that is seen kind of young by some people. However, that's the age shelters and such let their kittens go so I was comfortable with that age. Also do trust your instincts. If her fb activity is contradicting what she is telling you, that is not a good sign. I would ask her about it first. Also looking for a free puppy when she already has the kitten coming in is a bit alarming. I would most likely not adopt to her.

Thank you, i'm absolutely not letting her go before 8 weeks. I just don't know how I would tell her she's not having one. She lives pretty close to me and I would have to give her back the deposit.. would be pretty awkward! But I think it's the right thing to do

Thank you, i'm absolutely not letting her go before 8 weeks. I just don't know how I would tell her she's not having one. She lives pretty close to me and I would have to give her back the deposit.. would be pretty awkward! But I think it's the right thing to do

Did you know her beforehand? Maybe tell her that kitten is sick so you're going to keep it as you don't think it's fair to give her a sick animal? Or say your daughter has really bonded to it? Mail the deposit rather than giving it to her?

I wouldnt sell the cat to her no way.

where do u live? I am looking for another cat :)

Honesty when u said she lied about a dog and doesn't care how young the cat is, it kind of made me think of dog fighting. Obviously not saying it is but why lie and why be so persistent.

Honesty when u said she lied about a dog and doesn't care how young the cat is, it kind of made me think of dog fighting. Obviously not saying it is but why lie and why be so persistent.

This.

As much of a horrible thought that this is, but a baby kitten can be used as bait.

My cousin was involved with people raising fighting dogs, a few were jailed.

Sounds really dodgey, trust you gut and return her deposit.

Give her the deposit back and tell her it's not for sale!
We got our cat from a rescue centre and we knuw the previous owners were rough with a big aggressive dog that attacked the kitty.
Absolutely go with your gut honey
She's probably looking privately as rescue shelters do home checks and she would fail!

No defs not go with your instinct babe. I rescued my cat in November, her previous owners had let their lo a use her, pull her hair out poke her etc. They had other pets as well I think and poor kitty has only just started to calm down with me and oh we had lots of issues around peeing on things etc

This.

As much of a horrible thought that this is, but a baby kitten can be used as bait.

My cousin was involved with people raising fighting dogs, a few were jailed.

Sounds really dodgey, trust you gut and return her deposit.

This is what I thought when reading. Why would she want a free puppy too. What is she like with the kitten? X

Definitely not okay in my book. I'd just say they're not for sale, sorry. Here's your money back.

Don't sell. Don't be honest about why, just say the kitten is sick or you've decided you want to keep them all or something.

Definitely not. Why would someone want a kitten when they've already got an established dog?

I wouldn't sell it to her, something doesn't sound right. I'd say that you've had to change your mind for now about selling them, then give her the deposit back.

I wouldn't sell to her Steph, she sounds seriously off x

I wouldn't sell to her but if you were to could you make an arrangement where you and your daughter go visit the kitten occasionally? so you can kind of keep an eye? My worry is that shes obviously determined to get a kitten and somebody will sell one to her not knowing the situation with her then that poor cat could be sybjected to god knows what :( at least if you can regularly pop in (say it's for your daughters sake) you can report anything suspicious to the RSPCA. Sadly I think whatever you do this woman will end up with a kitten regardless :(

Bristol hun :flower:

Thanks for the replies, I'm not going to sell to her x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"