Worried about not getting to the hospital in time.

darkriver

Reaction score
I am actually hoping this wont be an issue as I might be induced a week early, but I live an hour in the car from my hospital. (I have had no choice in my hospital due to the care I receive.) I am getting anxious that if my waters break on there own I wont get there in time. What should I do about this? I dont know what the rules are about ambulances or taxis anymore.

ive heard of people who checked into hotels close to the hospital around their due dates because they didnt live close to their hospital, and also know of some people who were in labor and told to go home until their contractions got closer together, so they also checked into a hospital that was close by. sorry that i wasnt much of a help tho

While no one can predict how long labour will take... i would think if this is your first baby, you will have time to make the drive. I only live a few minutes from my hospital, but i knew when the cramps started that labour was starting... and i waited it out at home for 6 hours and then was still in labour at hospital for 6 hours. and 12 hours is relatively quick for a first labour.

I am also worried about this but this is my second. My first if we had of left even an hour later I would have had the baby in the car I laboured at home for 3 and a half hours and I was only in the hospital 2 hours before baby was born so first labors can be very quick also it's not as common as 16 hrs which is standard for a first labor. My hospital is an hour drive. Or 2hrs 10 in peak hour so I am really worried I was told the minute my water breaks or my first contraction I have to go to the hospital to be admitted. I know it's hard to think of this way but there is no point worrying because it is completely out of your control what will happen. You will know the difference in contractions when they are getting more intense if you are alone or you will tell if you are progressing quickly I certainly did I would just call an ambulance if you are alone and feel as though things are moving fast at least that way you have someone professional there even if its on the side of the road lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->