Worried about whats going on down there! Sorry TMI!

Flowerew

Mum to William & Callum
Reaction score
Ok... I feel quite embarrassed writing this but I keep feeling that something is not right.
My little boy is now 4 months old. I had a forcep delivery and had to have quite a lot of stitches. I feel practically normal down there now apart from when I have a bowel movement. I sometimes have to really strain to pass anything and when I do it feels like its going to come out of the front! Everything seems to ache down there after I have been to the toilet. It just doesn't seem normal and is really starting to worry me.

I also had forceps and stiches and can be a bit sore after the loo, not to the extent you are talking about but then I'd imagine we all heal at different rates.

If its worrying you its worth asking your GP - or your health visitor if they are approachable? I've found it a bit easier to talk to them about than my GP about things like that.

my little one is the same age and i had what sounds like more or less the same birth experience and i must admit i know exactly what your meaning...but ive always been too embarrased to say anything.. i have no advice only that this month it has got better.

it hurt me in the same way when i was having my period too..did this happen to you?

sorry if that was too personal im just feeling relief someone has the same thing! xx

Hi thanks for the comments.

Bump_wanted I'm sorry u are going through the same thing but I too am glad I'm not the only one! I did have the same feeling and pain when I got my period but this last time wasn't so bad. I just didn't expect it to take this long to heal, if that's what it's still doing. I was thinking of mentioning it to my dr when I see him again but like u I feel really embarrassed. My health visitor isn't very helpful and I don't think I could open up to her.

well the only thing ive been doing this month different is doing my pelvic floor exercises like mad because it was getting to the stage if i needed to go i NEEDED to go right away and thats made a big difference i need to go for a smear test anyway so i'll mention it to the nurse and see what she says i dont think its anything to worry about tho it does feel like a healing thing tho i 2 am glad im not alone xx

I have this problem too...I had stiches. I just had my 6 week post-delivery check yesterday and asked my OB about it/told her to have a look and she couldn't see anything. She said it could be a fissure.

I was told to eat lots of fibre and bran, use stool softener pills or Metamucil or Milk of Magnesia.

Colace is a good stool softner and it works best if you drink it with warm or hot prune juice. Maybe its the straining that makes you feel like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->