Worried after growth scan........

hkbarts

1 son & pregnant again
Reaction score
Hello

I am currently 28 weeks pregnant and went for a growth scan yesterday as diabetic (have been since 15) the baby is measuring big:..........

AC = 264
HC = 280
AFI = 22.3

They have to scan me again in two weeks so worried that the baby is ok. Anyone had this or in similar situation?

Hi im also type 1 and just had a look at mine roughly same time and these were mine,
ac-250
hc-253
afi-19.7.

I have been having on and off fortnightly scans and have just had to have steroid injections. How are your sugars. Mine haven't been what they wanted all the time but I have tried my hardest and not been silly. Have they said anything about your delivery options? I'm currently being told i will have section again which is safer for baby x
pm me if you need to chat xx

I dont have GD but my measurements from 28 weeks were

HC 285mm
AC 268mm
FL 57mm

I am on a pump so bloods been really go but last 4 weeks seemed to have tipped off the scale I have readjusted insulin and on so much more than before which I was told is normal but worried I have tried so hard to not let the diabetes affect the pregnancy.

I am booked in for another scan in two weeks but off tomorrow again to see diabetic nurse and check movement/hb of baby as I am going on holiday on sunday to my boyfriends parents house in france for 2 weeks so may cut it shorter although doctor said ok to go just be careful with sugars which I will be testing all the time normally 4 times a day now about 10 times a day - poor fingers.

Before all this I was told would be induced at 38 weeks and see if I can go naturally but chances high for c section. Why so you need steriod injections? is that to help baby?

thanks x

The steriods are to help lungs if i get delivered at 36 weeks. The testing is such a game and the frustrstion of trying to get sugars rights is hard especially when thr doctors think its easy to just change insulin.
Make sure you enjoy the time away. The fortnightly sppointments come round so quick x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->