Worried after hospital appointment :(

Angel2Fire

Reaction score
I went to see the consultant today and I was expecting it to be a 10 min appointment and for him to say everythings fine, as thats whats been said at my MW appointments.

However... he said he thought the baby was breech but wasn't sure. A scan showed he is, plus theres a lot of excess fluid and the consultant doesn't know why. He said its usually linked to abnormalities but there weren't any identified on the scan. He also said it could make the baby come now, which would result in a c-section cus he's breech!

The plan is for me to have another scan next week, in the medical department (which seems scary) and if he's still breech and there's still fluid then they're going to book me in for an elective c-section at 38-39 weeks.

It's all shocked me a bit because I thought everything was fine, my MW has been saying the baby was head down for over a month.... (he's not turned cus the way he's been lying has been the same for ages.)

I really freaked out when they told me about the fluid, but I'm a bit calmer now, just anxious that he could come out at any minute!

:hugs: I don't know about the excess fluid, but there are positions etc you can try to help the baby move into the right position.

Osteopaths and Moxi candle things can also help baby to turn... Do a bit of googling. Good luck!

Hope everything's ok :hugs: Good luck at your scan next week - spend lots of time crawling around on all fours! x

yep get on all fours and get one of those gym balls!!
ive been sat on mine today they really are comfy!!
hope all goes well for you

Still time to turn, don't panic. Hope little one behaves in time for next week to put your mind at rest. Hope fluid levels come back into the 'normal' range by then too. X

I hope baby turns for you. Like the girls have said, time to get on all fours! xx

gosh hun hope all is ok, fancy mw saying that for a mth ! are ur kicks low still ? if so then baby prob breeched ........ glad there keeping an eye on u xx

breech is not autocaesarean.. tho the excess fluid i do not know about. sleeping on left side helps, and there are as said lots of ways to try to turn a baby. still time yet. google it and try the yahoo homebirth group, they have lots of midwives and prof's on there who know a lot about turning babies...

I hope the baby turns for you and that your scan goes well, thinking of you, please keep us updated, take care :hugs: XX

So sorry you've had such an anxious time - must be awful getting that kind of news after all the MWs have said everything is OK. What a shock.
I do hope everything turns out well for you. Let us know how you get on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->