Worried and feeling silly

Mallerm

Reaction score
I've been on here before. I lost one baby in October 2012 and got pregnant again in April 2013, which resulted in a healthy baby girl born in January 2014. I recently fell pregnant again and I am such a ball of nerves. I literally worry all the time that something is going to go wrong and I am freaking out. I had extremely sore nipples for the last three-ish weeks and now they are gone. I have been feeling terribly nauseous but today I feel pretty good. I hate worrying this much. I don't want to stress out this entire pregnancy, but I feel like the ability to just be happy that I am pregnant does not exist for me. I know I would survive if something were bad, but I JUST DON'T WANT TO DO THAT AGAIN. Gah! Is anyone else feeling like this? I feel weird worrying about this pregnancy when I have such a beautiful and perfect living child right here with me.

Hi there. I can totally relate. I have three healthy children and two recent losses and it's so hard to not panic. Try and take it one day at a time. I am a little better now (almost 14 weeks) but probably won't be past the nerves until I at least feel movement consistently. And honestly knowing myself I may find something else to worry about then. I try and remind myself too that I made it through before and I would HATE to go through it again God would give me the strength if it came to that. And I try and imagine holding this cutie pie and kissing it's toes and cheeks. :) that kind of helps too.
I don't have all the answers but wanted you to know you're not alone.

I completely understand. I honestly thought a pregnancy after having my lg (two losses were before her) would be much easier in terms of the constant anxiety -I thought I would trust my body more and be so busy with dd that I'd almost
Forget I was pregnant most of the time so it would fly by. How wrong I was!

I think it's different when you have a baby already - you don't have the fear of never being a parent anymore but you do know what is at risk, you worry about the impact a loss could have on baby (will it pick up on my sadness? Will I be well enough - physically and emotionally - to look after lo or will I need help for a few days? Etc).as well as everything else.

So you aren't alone and are most definitely not weird!

When is your first scan? Hopefully that will help to settle your nerves.x

Hi there! You are definitely not alone or wrong in your feelings. It is so hard to stay positive after having a lost pregnancy. I, too, have a living child but still struggle daily with trying to remain positive. I'm sending you extra sticky thoughts for this pregnancy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->