Worried and wondering - How do you pass the time until your first scan???

maddy1

Reaction score
Girls! I am 6.5 weeks today and have an appointment for my 8 week scan in 10 days from today!!! I'm so excited & I can't wait!!!

So, I had a scan yesterday and for the first time ever I (teared up and) saw a perfect little HB pumping away! This was so awesome, because last time I was pregnant, I had multiple scans waiting to see an HB but it never came :'(

So, while I am relieved that I saw the hb and the dr assured me this reduces the chances of a miscarriage I am just super nervous. I think I will be much better after the 8 week scan BUT how did you ladies keep yourself busy? I hate not knowing if everything is ok or not. Ive read so many positive and negative stories and this worries me!!! Any tips would be greatly appreciated! thank youuuuu

p.s - I know my title says first scan, it'll actually be the second

I work full time and have a toddler so I stay busy. I'm the same as you though. I pay for private scans bc here in the states you generally don't get one until 20 weeks unless the doctor thinks there's a reason to. I got one at 12 weeks last time bc I was traveling overseas so doc wanted to check on baby before I left. Then I paid for early gender reveal at 15 weeks. The usual 20 week scan and then another a couple weeks later bc they couldn't find what they needed on the 20 week.

I saw mine this time around 6 weeks bc I went to ER for cramping and bleeding but they didn't show me anything. Yesterday around 9 weeks I did a private scan. I have a home Doppler so once I can find the heartbeat that is what got me thru until my next scan last pregnancy

I'm pretty early right now, I have my first appointment in two-ish weeks. I can completely understand your anxiety, I have a good amount myself. I had two early mc's last year, both within a week after getting my BFP's. I'm trying to keep myself busy and not think too much about things, one day at a time. I'm trying to make sure that I eat well, take my vitamin each day, and rest enough.

I would say that your best bet is to try to keep yourself busy until your next scan!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->