Worried! - Folic Acid!!

Stephannie

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

I have had some folic acid in my cupboard for about a year/two years and since finding out im pregnant just been taking them only to realise this morning the best before date was 11/2010! Will this harm my baby? Do they really go 'off'?

Thank you x

I'd say best way to know for sure is to go and ask your pharmacist. Chances are medication has a big safety gap between best before and absolutly do not use stages.

^^WSS^^
Please let us know if you find anything out.

Hiya.

I think the thing with expiration dates is that the pills potency reduces over time, rather than going off. I've googled it and that gave me the same answer. My MIL also works in a pharmacy and she gave me a load of scientific gumph, but said, basically yeah, the worst that would happen is that they wouldn't be as effective. She did say some could compund and get strong (It's a minefield), but that was things like diazepam (And it was only a COULD!)

Give the midwife or doc a buzz if you're still unsure, and I would nip to the shop and get some fresh ones, but I think as long as you feel fine, no harm done.

I've got some painkillers from an accident that I've still got that went out last year, but I was still using them before I got caught and they worked.

Stay happy! xxx

Thanks ladies! I will def be speakin to my dr or mw or even someone in the pharmacy to see what they say and ill keep you updated x

Youll be fine hun, they wont hurt your baby at all, i worked as a pharmacist assistant for 13 years!! I would however go out and buy some fresh ones, they will still do their job but not as good as in date ones!! Dont worry at all!!
xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->