Worried, food poisoning :(

CharCharxxx

Reaction score
I had Chinese from take away restaurant last night, lemon chicken and egg fried rice, literally a couple of hours later I was projectile vomiting and had such a bad stomach and have had cramp all night from it :( is this dangerous for my little one? It was clearly the chicken maybe was reheated or could of been off or something feel terrible, any advice? Should I be worried? X

I would ask your doc about it just to make sure, but I had food poisoning in the very beginning of my pregnancy, I had eaten several BLT sandwiches and during my 3rd sandwich I realized that there was mold growing on the bread I was eating, I hadn't noticed it because it was toasted and I didn't pay attention before I popped it in. My baby ended up being fine, and it actually helped me quit smoking, but since you're much further along than I am you might want to get double checked just to play it safe.

I hope you feel better, and hopefully it doesn't do anything to harm the baby either.

I actually had food poisoning right at the beginning of my pregnancy (dodgy prawn sandwich) and as far as I know it didn't effect little one, but same as above, since your far further along than I was, you can never be too safe. Try giving NHS direct a call, just tell them and ask their opinion on what you should do.
Although it may have been the chicken, there's also every chance it may have been the rice - ive heard rice is very dangerous in terms of food poisoning.
Xxx

No it shouldn't be as when symptoms arrive so quickly it's usually just the toxins causing it as the bacterias themselves get killed while heated.

I had the same after a hamburger Monday but with diarrhoea instead. Yesterday I had gas cramps from the irritated colon. Better today though.

Thanks ladies, I think I may call ante natal clinic and see what they say? X

I called the midwives at the hospital and they said that as long as my symptoms have started to subside, I'm keeping fluids down and the baby is still moving then it will be fine so just got to keep an eye on it! I'm so annoyed that Chinese is definitely getting a mean phone call from me later!! X

That's good, glad you're feeling better.
Yeah, release hell, I would! Xxx

I called the midwives at the hospital and they said that as long as my symptoms have started to subside, I'm keeping fluids down and the baby is still moving then it will be fine so just got to keep an eye on it! I'm so annoyed that Chinese is definitely getting a mean phone call from me later!! X

If you are convinced that it is the chinese, then it should be environmental health you call and let them investigate!

Make sure you keep your doctor posted & watch yourself. I had food poisoning with my first child at the end of the first trimester. He was fine, but I was severely dehydrated (which I didn't know) & almost needed to be hospitalized. Luckily I had my 12 week appointment & they caught it. Hope you feel better soon!

Most digestive bacteria will stay in your digestive system, until you void yourself of the bacteria or toxin that is causing the illness. The baby's main concern late in pregnancy is dehydration and nutrition.

Hope you start to feel better soon!

I had food poisoning at about week 15, midwife didn't seem overly concerned by it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->