worried I'll be judged....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Online, yes you will probably be judged, but in person... well depends where you are I guess. When I FF my son I wasn't judged, then again I didn't know anyone who breastfed so maybe that had something to do with it. I chose to breastfeed my daughter because of many reasons.

You sing a different tune depending who your talking to.. I've seen you say you didn't BF your first because you were selfish and uneducated numerous times in the BF section when talking to some of the hardliners :shrug:

To the OP.. DO NOT let ANYONE judge you for your decisions!! It's YOUR body and YOUR baby! As someone else said as long as those little tummys get filled is all that matters! Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy and look foward to meeting your LO xxx :flower:

People judge others without much knowledge about the individual person....we all do it at some point in time and I admit to doing it myself sometimes, not with formula feeding but defo with other stuff.

The decision is entirely yours to make, go with what is right for you not what's right for anyone else. Just look after your baby the way you think is best and don't bother worrying about what others think hun. Whatever you do as a mu there's always gonna be someone who thinks you're doing it wrong but there is no right and wrong in parenting and we all do it differently....doesn't mean it's not the right way of doing it if we do something different to others.

Please stop worrying and just get on with it, concentrating and worrying about what others think about you will only anger you and make you question yourself unnecessarily. Enjoy your new baby and make the most of it all as it really does pass by in a second, there's no time to worry about others hun:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I've already asked once that this thread stay on topic in reference to the OP's question.

If any member has a problem with another please take it to PM and leave it off the thread.

sod what anyone else think its you and your babys happiness that is important
in the real world i have a friend who is breast feeding and i formula feed and she has never ever been negative towards me in any way as i would never be negative to her it doesnt matter how you feed your baby so long as baby is happy and fed.

i felt awful for her but there was nothing i could do as they were treating me just as badly when it came to me trying to bf. they ignored calls, spoke to us like crap. im so glad i never have to go to that hospital again

It must have been horrid for you :( Some hospitals and midwifes are just so mean to you. I had severe PND while in hospital after the twins were born literally crying all day and they just ignored me, I had to push for help :( Your just so vunerable after having a baby xxx

I would actually judge you for not trying to breastfeed. I don't judge mother's who had a go and can't bf at all but to deny your baby breastmilk without even trying yeah then I'm going to judge. I'm not saying that makes you a bad mother though.

Edit: Mind you I'd never have a go at a FF so I'm basically judging you in my head. It's not my place to tell you what to do.

YOUR way is the right way. Let the Breastapo harpies just wash over you x[/QUOTE]

Comments like this are just like calling people the breastfeeding mafia- not helpful and pretty disrespectful.[/QUOTE]

Er, noooo! I was talking about the nutters like Gisele, not *anyone* who breastfeeds! Read the comment again without your prejudice specs on and you'll see I mean the awful people who go around making FF mothers feel awful. Yes, they ARE harpies and deserve slapped down.:growlmad:

I would actually judge you for not trying to breastfeed. I don't judge mother's who had a go and can't bf at all but to deny your baby breastmilk without even trying yeah then I'm going to judge. I'm not saying that makes you a bad mother though.

Edit: Mind you I'd never have a go at a FF so I'm basically judging you in my head. It's not my place to tell you what to do.

MrsMuffin, have you never heard of the old saying "judge not, lest you should be judged". BAD karma. And I'm a pagan, not a Christian, before anyone accuses me of Bible-bashing. Whatever happened to good old-fashioned sisterhood, supporting a fellow female in her own unique motherhood journey?!! Sorry, but that's really awful. I'd be pretty ashamed if I was you :growlmad:

What I say is always Breast is best but not unless it suits you.
If it doesn't work with you, then it clearly isn't best is it. A happy Mummy makes a happy baby :)
If people judge you, so be it.. rise above it and be proud that you're doing all you can for your LO. Ive hardly been judged IRL, it is mainly on the internet where people can hide behind their screens I find. :) :flower:

i ff as breast wasnt best for me i was advised by my consultant that first breast milk is often full of toxins which pass to the baby i never had any milk at all my babys ff and i dont care what any one says hes healthy and happy x

i ff as breast wasnt best for me i was advised by my consultant that first breast milk is often full of toxins which pass to the baby i never had any milk at all my babys ff and i dont care what any one says hes healthy and happy x

I'm FF but I have never heard that first breast milk is full of toxins? Unless you are consuming something that shouldn't pass to the baby or have some sort of transmittable disease, how can that be possible?

I FF my daughter and have done from birth, I haven't been criticised at all by anyone though tbh I expected a hard time xxx

Hey.
It's your choice, nobody else's. NOBODY has the right to judge how you are going to feed YOUR baby.
I've never breastfed Isaac. I always intended to at least try breastfeeding, but after a very traumatic birth I just didn't feel up to even trying. Everyone keeps telling me I should have breastfed him, but I just ignore them. Isaac's happy and healthy, so there isn't anything wrong with formula feeding. If you want to formula feed, I say go for it! It's your baby not anyone else's. =]

No-one has the right to judge you! You make the decision, end of :thumbup: xx

Closing this thread for review as you have been warned before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"