Worried is this a blighted ovum

milkmaid123

Reaction score
Hello ladies
I'm 37 years old and a mother of 6 5 I gave birth to and 1 I raised since she was 2 I suffer from pcos and hardly have periods although I've never struggled to fall pregnant I found out I am pregnant again unplanned big shock I didnt want anymore but happy anyway x I had been saying to my daughter that if I didn't know better id think I was pregnant but was joking about I had dizzy spells felt sick no energy and had said that for a few weeks and way one day I started getting pins and needles in my hands that I still have it's called carpool tunnel I had this only in pregnancy with my last son so I thought oh maybe I should do a test and it was bfp I had been cramping loads like I was going to get my period aswell anyway I started to get pain on my right side went doctors and he sent me to the hospital I worked it out that from my last period I should be 9 weeks they done my hcg it was 2193 and progestrone was 16 both quite low for nine weeks they thought it was eptopic and kept me in this was on a Friday and they don't do scans on the weekend so had one on Monday by this time I didn't have pain anymore but they said I had a small fibroid that could have been causing the pain and they could see a small gestational sac about 4 weeks but it was empty my progestrone dropped to 14 but hcg went up to 5680 I'm going to be rescanned on the 22nd sept I'm just really worried as I don't feel pregnant I did early on but not now I have no symptoms other than tired but I put that down to having late nights sorry for the long post what do you ladies think xxxx

I am stopping by but trying not to defeat your spirit. It sounds like a blighted ovum. I exhaustively researched blighted ovums and you should definitely be further along with higher HCG. I had a blighted ovum with increasing HCG also. By the time I had my procedure at almost 9 week it was almost to 10,000 with progesterone at 22.

Praying for you. I had this in July and just miscarried with a procedure scheduled for Thursday. Be good to yourself.

If you hardly ever have period and have pcos, wouldn't that mean that they wouldn't be able to date a pregnancy by lmp?? If that's the case, and you really are only 4 weeks a long, then it's normal for nothing to be seen yet. And progesterone can fluctuate during the day. If you actually are 9 weeks, then I'd say a blighted ovum too, but if you are only in week 4, then everything seems right on track. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->