worried worried worried and looking for reassurance

Minimin

Reaction score
Hey Ladies :wave:

I just wanted to get my thoughts out there really. I am 6w today having had and Ectopic in Sept 2009, Chemical Jan 2010 and Blighted Ovum April 2010 :cry:

DH and I took a break as recommended by my Acupuncturist whom I began seeing after the last MC. We werent really trying in June to the effect I wasnt really monitoring etc. But had started BD around mid cycle etc. Anyway... :bfp: on the 9th of june! I was scared and afraid instead of being exstatic :(

Well since then I have been regularly monitored and had bloods done all last week. My bloods have been rising nicely. much higher and better than any of my other pregnancies.

Friday 16th, I had some brown spotting and went to A and E... after lots of hours there, bloods told us the pregnancy was progressing, they wouldnt scan me (arrgghh) but said they couldnt rule out Ectopic or MC but increase in hcg is good.

Tuesday 20th I went into EPU and they did a scan only. I was 5w6d and thought I would see a fetal pole or a yolk sac, as well as a gestational sac if the pregnancy was in the right place (as apposed to another EP). The sonographer didnt tell me much and as I didnt hear key words such as "fetal pole, yolk sac.." My heart sank and I started thinking the worse.

The nurse said it was a little too early and that I should go back in two weeks.. errrrr 2 weeks!!! I was too shocked and lost to think of asking questions and then just walked out numbly.

My bleeding was the result of a blood spot adjacent to the pregnancy. The nurse did say to expect it will come out, may be like a period pain, and not to worry. To be vigilant and make sure it doesn't go red. They didnt want to do more bloods and add more worry to the numbers I got back

So all in all- not really anything to tell me anything is wrong..but I am soooo worried. I have not slept well the past two nights. Naps and night dreams are telling me I am bleeding- wiping or on pads :cry: I have tiredness, frequent peeing, boobs, dizzyness, gassy and bloated as my major symptoms (though the latter could be the herbal tablets my acupuncturist has me on)

I worry about the lack of twinges now- I had them mostly last week but week 6 and they seem to have gone down-is this normal? I don't have MS- my last bloods on Friday 16th were 2376 so by now if they are doubling nicely like they were I would expect to be way over 10000- so shouldn't I be getting MS?

I know there isn't anything concrete pointing either to a MC or viable pregnancy but I cant help thinking the worse and really getting worried. I just wanted to get this out of my mind into words and see if anyone else has had any comments or similar stories to share. Thanks to those who already have :hugs:

Minimin :kiss:

well hun only thing to do is remain positive i am sure all will be ok

Sending you :hug: Though how they thought NOT doing bloods would be less worry i don't know!

Hey Minimin,

Sorry to hear the stress hasn't really abated yet.

Why do they need to wait 2 weeks? You will be 8 weeks then! Surely the could do next week!! I suppose at least there would be more to see at 8 weeks, but i cannot imagine the stress you are going to be experiencing in the meantime.

Are they approachable at the EPU? Could you maybe give them a quick call and tell them how stressed and upset you are to see if they could squeeze you in next week?

:hugs::hugs::hugs:
XX

Thanks girls,
Blondee-I am thinking the same thing. I am sure if I called they would be ok. In fact last week before I started bleeding I was meant to be going back for a scan at 7 weeks. They dont have an appointment system but I was booked to go in on the 28th. I am tempted to feign ignorance and just go in. Once I am there I can say I have had some pains or something and see if they will scan. Though now I know it isnt a EP they may now :shrug:

Thanks for responding though- I agree DebsGreasy- how they thought it wasnt stressful is beyond me!

Mini - maybe u have a retroverted/tilited uterus which means its hard to see, I was misdiagnosed with an ectopic with this pregnancy because of that, when they rescanned me with a huge wedge under my bum they saw it, very tiny just a gest sac with yolk sac but it was there, the sonographer the night before spent 15 mins trying to see it and it wasnt there.

All my vaginal scans have been dodgy, wrong sizes not seeing things etc simply because of the uterus situation. It maybe something or maybe not.

My HCG levels were 6600 + at this stage.

I would expect them to see something with levels over 10000 though

I didnt get MS till over 6 weeks and only had it till 12 weeks. My sis in law had 3 kids and never ever got sick so not everyone gets MS.

I would go back to EPU if you could but then again its 7 days away ! Tough call gal I do feel for you xxxxx

It's awful this waiting game - I would def get the 7 week scan if you can wrangle it - 7 weeks should be much better.

:hugs: try to stay calm - and find ways to relax if you can

hx

Thanks Fluffyblue and Hb1
I dont think I have a retorverted uterus as they would have mentioned it in the 100 + scans I have had before.
I am just concerned I am not seeing much and I am assuming HcG is over 10000 :(

Hb1- relaxing- eek; Just need to keep my mind from racing and occupied. I am doing a test for a job and can not get my head down :(

You poor thing, Min - hugs to you. Try not to worry - remember how good your hcg looks! I'd follow blondie's advice. See if you can get in somehow! Good luck - I'm thinking of you!

Thanks ladies.. well I managed to get the test done so two hours of not stressing and it is almost sleep time :)

Thanks MissLaww! I need to focus on the HcG and lack of bleeding :)
Think I had some more twinges- well something tugging or pulling in my pelvic area so feeling a bit better- I wish babba could just send out a billboard notice to let me know whats going on :rofl: wouldnt our lives be so much easier :lol:

Minimin

Just wanted to send you big hugs!!!! I pray everything goes well. :hugs:

Keeping my fingers firmly crossed for you Minimin, I remember we had losses at the same time in April... so I really hope this is it for you this time!

xxx

Thanks Chimpette- I am waiting on my 8 wk scan next wed Aug the 3rd! Hoping to see HB then. I know it is not an ectopic as we had a scan last week and the gestational sac was in the right place.
I really hope this is it for us too :)

Hope next Wedneday comes around fast Min and its the news we're all hoping for. PMA and :hugs: xxx

Thanks TripleB! I am totally baby brain hun- it is next Tuesday- so one less day to go! :wohoo:
How are you doing.
Time is going so slow for me- but I really didnt expect much else. Being at home and not working atm is also a pain-:( I need distractions to stop me thinking the worst :?

Those first weeks go so slowly its torture. Its speeds up a little at the end of the first trimester but I feel like time is slowing down again (I want to be 20 weeks already!). Baby brain and tiredness are all good symptoms hun so I hope that next week brings good news :hugs: xxx

Triple B- How we seem to wish time away! Sad really- But still Tuesday can not come around fast enough. I hope your next scan date comes around fast- are you going to find out the sex at this scan?

Hey Min - I know its terrible really but I am definetely wishing the time away! The hospital booked my 20-week scan for when i'll be 22-weeks so even longer to wait - but as Tulip pointed out to me, that reduces the time between the last scan and meeting the little one in person! We're on team yellow so don't intend to find out at the scan - it is tempting but I would like a surprise really.

How are you feeling? I like your cautiously hopeful status!

xxx

ahh Ms Tulip- she is a wise one- I like the idea of being Team Yellow but not sure i would be able to retrain myself. Do you have an incling?

I should think of it that way too- I am trying to give myself little milestones. So if next week I am 8 weeks then I only have another 4 weeks and I am into 2nd tri and out of the danger zone so to speak. I wish I wasnt on chill and bed rest time- I would get into Yoga and be distracted. Just being at home and not being able to do much I am getting 1) Fat and 2) distracted with worries.

I have been going to acu regularly since my MC in April and he has been seeing me 3x a week since I got pregnant this time around. I tell you he is costing me an arm and a leg :( I dont know how much he is helping but we know he has helped another lady past 34 weeks when she kept MC around wk7-+ so there is a bit of hope.

Boobs mega sore, nauseous but not sick, bloated and gassy ( :shy: ) to name a few symptoms- I also peed on a cheapie the other day- just for shits and giggles really :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->