worried worried worried and looking for reassurance

Ahem! I thought my ears were burning LOL!

Just popped in to say I'm waiting impatiently for your scan on Tuesday :kiss:

Louise, you *think* you want to reach 20 weeks, but when you get there you're not happy and DEMAND to be 24 weeks and viable. After that? I'll let you know tomorrow :D

:wohoo: to 24 weeks Tulip!!!! :yipee: I could just do a :headspin: but I wont cos of doctors orders so I will :happydance: instead!

hmm.. burning ears huh! You sure do babe! How you doing chicka! I cant wait until next tuesday :) nervous scared and shitting it but still cant wait !

We both think its a boy - no reason at all for that thought though!

Milestones are the way to go - and distractions (not worries though!). I have to say being at work is not much better - I have no motivation to do any at all (confirmed by the fact I'm sat at my desk typing this!).

I think with any complementary therapy as well as any physical benefits, if it is reassuring you then its got to be a good thing. I had reflexology between my MMC and getting pregnant again. I can't be sure it helped but it felt like a positive thing to be doing.

All sound like great symptoms hun! Everything is pointing in the right direction for a good outcome next week.

Talking about getting fat - I'm a larger lady anyway (put on about a stone after the MMC - comfort eating) and the only thing that stopped the nausea in the first tri was eating so i've already put on about 6lbs. Anyway, all I've been hearing today is the risks you are imposing on your baby if you are overweight and pregnant (BBC News). I'm depressed now and feel like a bad person for daring to get pregnant with a less than perfect BMI. Sometimes it feels like you can't get anything right...

xxx

Yes, please stay at ease, madam! I will not have you shaking that little bean around :)

You just brought a tear to my eye - your outlook this time around is so different and a million times more positive than last time. I cannot wait to see a perfect scan piccie on Tuesday!

We are fine, am seriously nesting it's very scary (I'm not a housework kind of girl usually!) Enjoying having to use up all my leave before 8th October so a day off a week works well for me :D xxx

I can echo the lack of motivation. I really can't be arsed at work some days!

Ahem! I thought my ears were burning LOL!

Just popped in to say I'm waiting impatiently for your scan on Tuesday :kiss:

Louise, you *think* you want to reach 20 weeks, but when you get there you're not happy and DEMAND to be 24 weeks and viable. After that? I'll let you know tomorrow :D

Ooooh viable tomorrow Nic - countdown to baby is on! xxx

:D :D :D I actually can't believe it!

So excited for tomorrow!!! You are viable Tulip! Yah! :yipee: :headspin: and :happydance:

Glad to hear the lack of motivation is contagious and we all have it :) I really dont want to do anything unless it is related to pregnancy!

I think the three months of not ttc has done so much for me. getting my Yoga qualification has made me focus on something else and made me realise there are some things I can not control. Although I would like to :)

Yoga with Acu has worked on making my body a better home for babba and without much trying (ahem apart from BD) my body has told me it is ready and we got pregnant without much monitoring.

I do think the rest is out of my hands now. If things are going to not work out we have a FS appointment already booked at Kings college, as we had the first one before I got pregnant this time around.

Tulip- Nesting is a good sign- love it :) What have you been doing. 4 day weeks sound great- Are you taking early mat leave?

tripleB- I heard the same crap on the radio this morning. Seriously- who the F gets this information out. Sorry as a scientist- it really rubs me up the wrong way when some stupid idiot makes such scientific news! I would love to see the data, stats and study information on that one. Half that crap is just to hit headlines. Really if you have been healthy and feel healthy you know more about your body than some stupid pillock.

Rant over :)

I had reflexology too- loved it but could afford that and Acu so had to stop :( Maybe I should do a course on that too :rofl:

I'm starting mat leave on 8th Oct so about 35 weeks-ish. The first 3 weeks are annual leave (I carried over 2 weeks from last year). I have 2 more weeks and about 4 days lieu time to use before then :haha: Really need to though, the journey is an hour and a half each way on a good day which is fine.... but if the tube or the A2 are messed up it's a bit :shock: It took us three hours the other week! Over two hours is a regular occurrence and getting home late, cooking, eating and tidying knackers me right out.

DH took the scan scare as a sign I shouldn't overdo it if I can help it. My boss said "Why don't you take more leave and less mat leave before your due date?" but I really prefer being able to rest in the week.

As for the NICE guidelines... I've read it and as far as I can tell, nothing has changed. It's all about helping everyone but especially overweight (BMI 25+) and obese (BMI 30+) look after selves and baby. It boils down to "Eat healthily, exercise moderately, don't be the size of a house". How this is news, I don't know.

I do eat more since I hit 16w or so - one weetabix before I leave the house (followed by my real brekkie - 2 slices of toast - at work) and bar of chocolate two or three times a week. We don't keep sweets or chocolate in the house so on the rare occasion I get a sweet craving it's either raspberries out of the freezer or I walk off the calories getting to or from the shop. Oooh I feel all virtuous :blush:

Tulip- that journey sounds like a nightmare- It is not a wonder you are shattered when you get home hun!

Treats should be allowed- I think it would be dull if we couldnt. I dont have a sweet tooth but a packet of crisps can be eaten for brekkie- I am trying to be good and eat a healthier breakfast so I am also on weetabix- Atm- I am so nausous I can hardly stomach anything :(

Well I am glad you are getting so leave in. I am shattered thinking about your journey into work :(

Aw man! I thought your scan was today Min :dohh: Talk about baby brain, what a pudding! Still, less than a week to go! xx

No KimmyB I have the baby Brain- I did have a scan booked today- but after my bleed scare a few weeks ago they scanned me last week tuesday and then said they didnt need to see me again for two weeks which is next week 3rd so Tuesday! Arrgghhh going mad waiting!
How are you and baby boy bump doing?

Ah riiiiiight, thats the confusion then! Me and little man bump are doing well thankyou, he's gotten very active over the past few days. How are you feeling hun?xx

Man bump! Love it! :) I bet you are loving his reminders! :p

Am ok- Still nauseous but managing to not be sick. Boobs feel a little less sore now but that could be a) me poking them all the time or b) normal! LOL. I am betting it is the latter.

I dont know how I am going to have the next week go quickly :(
Still having tons of doubts but keep reminding myself I had good Hormone levels- thats more than I have had for any other pregnancy I have had. Really hard to be positive though :?

Hope Bump doesnt wiggle too much xxxxx

Just keep thinking about those awesome hormone levels to keep you going. do you have anything planned for the next week to help time tick by? My boobs didn't hurt for all that long either in the beginning - just the usual aching I'd have if AF was around the corner. Only past couple of weeks my nipples have been soooo sore *ouch* :blush:

Hoping time flies for you
xxx

Thanks Kimmy! I hope the time flies too. unfortunately I have been advised not to do any Yoga until 16 weeks by my teacher trainer- I am not sure I can go that long so will see what my next scan says. Other than that I am at home atm- so time is going very very slowly for me. I am hoping the weekend will be faster as DH and I have errands and things we can do together. I have acupuncture tomorrow and have to go into London city so that should take out most of the afternoon :)
One day at a time.....

I hope your soreness resides a little :)
tc xx

Hey Ladies!
My scan is around the corner now- tomorrow morning and i am convinced something is wrong. Of course I have nothing solid to base this on. I have lost boob soreness, but replaced it with some weird, sometimes sharp shooting pains, on the top sides of both boobs, also heavier and tingly kind of in the evening. Not sleeping well- but that could be worry. I dont feel overly nauseous like I did last week either.

I know there is nothing solid there but the loss of symptoms is what I noted last time in my diary. I dont have major cramps and no bleeding. I am just worried they are going to do the scan and tell me it has stopped growing :cry:

Half of me wishes it was over with and the other half just wants to bury my head in the sand and ignore it :( What kind of torment is this :(

Must be awful for you Min. But until the scan you can't be sure either way. I am hoping for the best for you. Only one more sleep then your torment will be over :hugs:

Minimin - hopefully I can help you with the breast pain thing - mine did that (still do sadly) they lost the soreness (although they are still a bit tender) but I have had stabbing pains in them for about 10 weeks or more - I asked my midwife and she said its just "growing pains" for your boobs. Uncomfortable but hopefully reassuring. I know you lost symptoms last time but ms really does come and go. After 4-5 weeks of absence mine reappeared this morning - and I aint happy!

Hope all goes well at your scan tomorrow :hugs:

Mizze x

Thanks KimmyB- I am bricking it- You know today is going to be the longest day ever and tonight will be a nightmare :( I feel like luck has been kind but there is a point it has to run out :(
How are you and Bump?

Mizze- thanks for sharing that with me- It is so reassuring to know they are normal signs-

...less than 24hr and one sleep to go.. does taking a nap count as one :(

xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"