Worst start ever - help!

miraclemomma

Mummy of 1 + pregnant
Reaction score
My beautiful baby boy is 7 weeks old tomorrow, but was born 10 weeks premature. He's spent six weeks feeding and growing in neo natal during which time I have been diagnosed with clots in both lungs, gastritis and gallstones!

He was finally allowed home last Friday and it was the most amazing feeling! However on Sunday, having just had 2 nights with him I was rushed in to hospital due to an infection in my gall bladder. We decided that my husband shouldn't bring him in due to infection risk in a hospital and as I was due home Wednesday it wouldn't be too long for daddy to do all the work.

Wednesday was pushed to Thursday and on Thursday when they did my obs they picked up a temperature! I was diagnosed with C diff (hospital superbug) yesterday. It could be two weeks before I'm allowed home and my husband and baby can't visit! I'm lonely, I'm miserable and I'm terrified my little boy won't even know who I am. Laid in hospital crying my eyes out!

Will me and my baby still be able to jobs properly?! X

So sorry to hear about your tough time. I do hope it gets better soon. now i dont know presonally but i knew a girl who was in hospital for almost four month after baby was born. she said it took about a day and baby came round to her so much so that the first week she was home her lo would only sleep if she held him. Hope this helps

I just wanted to say I'm sorry you are having so many challenges, I hope you have a good support system weather its family, friends or on line. You obviously bonded with lo in the time you had, it will happen again! Maybe dh can wrap him in clothing that smells like you?

That's so devastating! A baby will Always know who his mama is. Don't worry. :) hug him and don't let go! Can you get picture messages? Is the superbug curable?
So horrible you got that. :( I'd be furious!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->