would my baby get bullied if we called him....

Hannah's Mom

Mommy of 2 gorgeous girls
Reaction score
.........Lennon? we are really struggling to find names we like and can agree on lol - so far for a boy we have

For a Boy:

Lennon
Noel
Alphie
Gene (i dont really like this but oh does)
Freddie

For a Girl:

Frankie
Lily
Lyla
Lola (i love this but oh says no because of the Kinks song)

our surname is Hill and I'm finding that whatever name i put in front of it sounds like a railway station lol

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

x x x x

I know someone who has a little boy called Lennon, he isn't school age yet but I don't think he has many problems with it, except his step-granny has called him Lemony Lemon! I don't think she has done it since!! But really, that's just her, I don't think he would get much hassle, it's not the most unusual name x

Love the name Lennon. We called our son Justice and I did panic that he would get bullied but he has been at school nearly three years and noone has ever said anything horrible to him. Kids are very blase about things like names, much more so than their parents anyway :)

i like freddie and alfie and lola

Love Love Love them all except Noel and Frankie LOVE Lennon! x

I think Lennon is the front runner lol i still keep thinking of a train driver saying 'You are now arriving at Lennon Hill our next stop is Lennon Hill' lol I think your right about kids, I mean at my daughters nursery they have a Luna, Isa, Art, Rudi and Hannah hasnt ever commented on the names - I think i was more worried about what people would say to me and oh, took alot of stick from family for calling our daughter Hannah Boo lol

thanks a million everyone
x x x x

I love Lennon.
I know a little boy called Lennon he's 5 and his friends call him Lenny.

:thumbup: Wicked name, my second son was going to be Lennon, right up until he popped out, then my DH changed his mind and we called him Sonny instead, wish we'd stuck with Lennon tho tbh. xx

awww mom of 5!!! now you've put another name in my head Sonny is sooooo cool!!! I think the only option is for me to keep having babies unitl i have used all the names we like lol

:rofl: Think ive almost used all my fave up! sorry about confusing you more :blush:. xx

lol its ok - after all of that i bet we're having a girl lol, and I think the other kids may have something to say if we call a girl Lennon!

Of your boys list, I like Lennon and Alfie the best. I don't think a little Lennon would have any problem. Kids can be very cruel...and if it's not a name they are going to tease about, they will find something else, unfortunately.

I love Lyla (prefer the spelling Lila), Lily and Lola from your girls list. They are all very pretty. Please don't name your precious little girl Frankie (unless it's a nickname for Francesca).

I love Gene but then I do work in genetics and I am a Gene Kelly fan! I think Freddy Hill sounds the best as I do agree that Lennon Hill sounds a tad like an tube station or a nice place to have a picnic!

Also, LOVE Lola, I'd work on the OH for that one. I know a little girl called Iola (pronounce Yo-la).

DH cousin's girlfriend had a boy today and called it Lennon

Surely it would get shortened to Len? I'm not sure, but that's my personal opinion

i dont know about lennon for a girl but lenni would be cute!
[Lenni-Lenny-Lennie]

Lennon- love it
Noel- Always liked Noel
Alphie- hmmm Alfie is becoming a bit too common now I think
Gene (i dont really like this but oh does)- Not my cup of tea
Freddie- very very cute!

For a Girl:

Frankie- I like it
Lily- Love it :)
Lyla- cute
Lola (i love this but oh says no because of the Kinks song)- My cats called Lola otherwise I would totally have it on my name list!

Lets be honest every name has the potential to be a target for bullying. You could be called John or Sarah and still get made fun of. My name isn't that common, and apart from the tabby cat jokes :) everyone just likes my name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->