Would really appreciate opinions on Bambino Mio

R8ch

mum to Harriet & pregnant
Reaction score
Hi
I'm dipping my toe into the Natural Parenting forum for the first time, :thumbup: so please forgive me if I've missed a thread on this subject already.

We've been thinking about possibly giving some re-usable nappies a shot when baby arrives, even if it's just a few during the day, I guessed I would be doing my tiny bit. I have done a small amount of research and although there are some clear winners, I realise you just have to try for yourself which brand works.

Someone at work is selling quite a lot of items in a bundle and I wondered if it was worth trying out. Are Bambino Mio a make any of you use or have tried? What do you think? Is the following going to give me enough of an idea?:

4 unopened packets of 6 regular prefold nappies
18 lightly used regular prefold nappies
5 newborn covers - 3 unopened and 2 used
7 used small covers
3 used medium covers
3 unopened large covers
3 unopened extra large covers

I really would like to try - even though my family all turn their noses up at the thought (not sure why - we were brought up with terry nappies!) so I don't have much support there. None of my friends use them and everyone at work will just think I'm mad. :shrug:

Thanks for reading
Rachael

i didnt use bambino mios but i used a laundering service that provided terry squares and wraps, i think thats how mios work?

for 1 week they gave me 8 night time squares (slightly thicker than the daytime ones)
and 62 normal sized squares. they left 7 wraps but you only really need to change the wraps if poo leaks (which in the early days is frequent)

i didnt rate the squares and wraps as i felt they were bulky and hard on Aimees bum so i bought tots bots fitteds which are great.

rather than buying a bundle try and get a couple of different types and see which ones you prefer, the cloth nappy tree and natural mamas have classified sections where you can buy preloved nappies cheaper rather than paying a fortune for nappies you might not use or like

good luck with the rest of your pregnancy hun x

I haven't used them personally hun, but the reason for that was because they have more bad reviews than any other nappy i've looked at (and that was A LOT!!) x

rather than buying a bundle try and get a couple of different types and see which ones you prefer, the cloth nappy tree and natural mamas have classified sections where you can buy preloved nappies cheaper rather than paying a fortune for nappies you might not use or like

Thanks - I shall definately have a look. The only reason to buy and try that many was they are really really cheap (cost of 2 new nappies I think) so I thought it might be worth a shot. I like the bum genius too so I may look into that, plus a couple of other brands.

Thanks!

I use mios, they're okay. I like them for a 'home' nappy, they need changing to frequently for out and about IMO. Once you've mastered the folds etc they're pretty simple to use and i found them to be a good starting point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->