Would this upset you or is it just me

mazee71

surprise #5
Reaction score
just been asked 'how I was feeling' said was feeling fine physically still up and down emotionally, but getting there. I went on to say I'm going to see gp next week to talk through what she thinks etc.

The person I was speaking to then said - I wouldn't bother - I asked why not - she said well their not going to do anything for you, you have 3 children. Then I said I was hoping because of my age they would look into the 2 losses - she said you've only had 1. I said about the chemical - oh thats like your period - yes your period comes - but after a BFP, no good to me if thats as far as it goes.

I went quiet and said I had to go as I was getting upset - she then got narky with me because I wanted to go - in the end I hung up.

This person would you believe it was my sister :growlmad:

am I being oversensitive.

Your not being oversensitive, but i've had a mc at 9 weeks and a chemical and me personally i was upset when i had the chemical but it only lasted a few days where as when i had the mc at 9 weeks it took me a year to come to terms with it, as i classed the mc at 9 weeks as a baby but the chemical, to me it wasnt really anything.. but i know people do get upset and class there chemicals as a baby and really they have every right too because its still a misscarage just a very early one. i hope your Gp gives you the help you need and you get a sticky bean soon

No you're not - sounds like your sister was being insensitive.

hx

Up to what stage is a chemical classed iykwim??

Because technically I suppose both my losses could be called chemicals, the difference is with one I only knew for 2 days then started getting - hpts - then AF arrived.

With the other I knew I was pg for about 10 days - then woke up in a pool of blood - this upset me far much more than the previous cycle.

I do know what you mean, the longer you are pg - the harder it is I think.

I think that over 5 weeks it becomes classed as an "early miscarriage" and before this it is a chemical.
Here is a handy couple of links re chemicals :

https://www.ourmiscarriage.com/chemical_pregnancy.html
https://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/preconception/41128

The general advice seems to be following a chemical pregnancy your next pg should theoretically be fine but if you get recurrent chemicals ( just as in any recurrent mc ) then your dr should investigate into why - eg hormonal such as low progesterone.

Hope your dr helps you get some answers and your sister gets a little perspective and looks to support you

hx

Cheers HB1 - going by that then I have had 1 chemical & 1 early mc.

We are trying straightaway, will chat to my gp and tell her whats gone on and see what she says, I am wondering about Asprin but want to talk it through with her 1st.

Sounds to me like your sister is being under sensitive... a chemical, although not a 'true m/c' doesn't hurt any less! Sorry for your losses and hope you get your BFP soon! Keep your faith, and don't let others bring you down...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->