Would You Be Offended at this Gift?

MrsStutler

Mom of 3!
Reaction score
My best friend is pregnant with her first right now and her baby shower is at the beginning of next month. We've grown up together and are like sisters so I want to do something really special for her...but I just can't come up with much.

I thought of making up a little "hospital essentials" kit for her. I'd get a little tote bag and personalize it with her name then stuff it with things like little travel sized toothbrush, conditioner, shampoo, toothpaste, body wash, a small brush, a few dollars in change, a little bottle of our favorite wine, comfy socks, lotion, and some snacks.

A friend of mine did this for me and I enjoyed it but I'm also walking that fine line of not wanting to offend her in the "Oh I've been there done that, here is all of my unwanted advice" way. Or make her feel like she didn't get to pack her own hospital bag or something. :dohh: Maybe I'm over thinking it.

I think that's a brilliant gift I'd be over the moon with that personally x

I think it sounds nice. She will probably be glad she doesn't have to get things together for a hospital bag as much.

That sounds like a lovely and thoughtful gift! :thumbup::hugs:

I, personally, would find that to be a wonderful gesture, showing that someone wanted to make sure that my stay at the hospital was as comfortable and easy as possible.

Maybe include a few extra things for her OH, as well, as a bit of a "new dad survival kit".

That's a nice idea! Why not pop a pedicure gift card in there and join her before she is due?

A bunch of us took my SIL out for manis and pedis when she was pregnant with her second. Us second time moms know all too well that you don't have "you" time for quite a while. your friend will soon learn that!

Sounds lovely, a close friend of mine has done similar as a 'first few months survival kit' for me and I was so touched, a lot of thought went into it. Every item had a little note on and she even printed out local groups and activities with contact details on to help me. I think it shows real thought so go for it.

I think it's a great idea, my friend who had her first last July gave me a gift bag this week full of all the things she found useful in the first few months, various baby toiletries, milk dispenser pot, bath thermometer etc, plus a little teddy to match the nursery theme and chocolate for me! I loved it as it was so thoughtful and I appreciate someone who's been there letting me know what came in handy for them.

I could really use that gift about now! I'll pm you my address :p

Great idea! Maybe include some lip balm as well?

Like all others, I think it would be a very nice gift to receive. I like someone's idea of including a mani or pedi.... Kinda a nice added bonus! I'm sure she will like it, if not, send it my way :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->