Would You Be Offended at this Gift?

:hugs: Thanks everybody. I think I was over analyzing myself again, it's been known to happen lol

Thank you for the extra ideas too! I love the idea of a daddy survival kit!

I think it's a lovely gift.

I didn't announce my pregnancy until just after Xmas but my best friend knew and knew that I was having a rough time if it so her Xmas gift to me was a pamper bag which contained radox relaxing bubble bath, some bio oil, nail varnishes, chewy sweets (they helped my MS) and lots of other things like that.

It was one of my favourite gifts

I think that's a lovely idea, I know I was so focused on packing the hospital bag for my lo that I didn't take much time to think about what I would need (or hubby!)

One of my friends (already a Mum of two) gave me some lip balm and I was so grateful!

I concur with so many others who said it sounds like a lovely gift. Two other suggestions: a gift card for a massage can be very, very welcome. Just make sure the masseuse is good with pregnancy massages. :) Also, I think I'd be over the moon if a friend picked out a special book for my little one and signed it. :)

You're overthinking! That would be a lovely gift, and i'd love to receive something like that :D

Wow that's an awesome gift. I hope someone does something like that for me! It's like the gift you didn't know you wanted lol

I think that sounds awesome! Really thoughtful, as your thinking about her and making sure she's comfortable rather than just - "here's something for the baby".

What a lovely friend you are!

I've given this same gift to about 10 mothers and they are always surprised by it and love it! In pregnancy so many people completely forget the mother and just dote on the baby...mom's need love too! :) I so wish someone would get me a gift like that.

I think that's a really lovely idea :) :flower:

My friend bought Millie about £70 worth of baby clothes but right at the bottom of the hamper she had put a big box of malteasers. Just the added gesture that someone is thinking about mummy as well feels really special.

it sounds great:) i would love for someone else to pack my hospital bag:winkwink:

I would love something like this..My nanny did something like this but it was more pyjamas shampoo etc..I think the bag and bottle of wine are cute ideas :) x

It's a fabulous idea! If you haven't already, you could get those soft socks with aloe infused in it.

*le sigh*

Sooo comfy!

I think it's a great gift!! I would love it! :)

My sister has done a similar thing for me, a New Mum Essentials Kit! a bag stuffed with nice smellies, sweeties, tissues, some vests for bubs, ultra absorbent sanitary pads etc. I loved it! :)

I'm so gunna steal that idea for my bestie! What a lucky friend :)

You are such a great friend! Not only did you come up with a BRILLIANT gift idea, but you are so compassionate and sensitive about how it will be received! <3 to you.

Great idea! She could obviously add in her own essentials.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->