Would you buy yourself used shoes?

DCS

Reaction score
Iv been after a pair of boots for a while. Can not buy them new in my size ( UK 6 but more of a 7 in this brand) Iv just been blowing ebay ( waiting to see if anyone is selling a new pair) and have come scroll the boots. Used, look In decent condition. Leather. Half less than half the price of them new.

Would you buy them? Iv always been told you shouldn't buy pre own shoes. It's bad luck.

So would you/ have you?

Yes, I would, and have bought used shoes/boots. I wear a lot of vintage clothes and have no problem wearing things someone has worn before :). Have bought several pairs of second hand boots off eBay and never had a problem. I've not heard of it being bad luck? The only superstition in know about shoes is to not put new shoes on the table. I'm not a superstitious person at all, though, so it wouldn't bother me anyway.

I have done before and probably will do again x

Yeah, I would. I have an awesome pair of boots which were my mums that she bought in the 70's :)

I haven't before but I don't see why not.
I don't believe in bad luck.

It would depend on if I could wash them. Same with used clothing or toys for dd. I'm fine with buying 2nd hand as long as I can give whatever it is a good scrub. I've bought used chocos off ebay without issue.

No, I can't think of any shoes I'd want enough to put my feet in someone else's icky shoes. I'd wait and save up for some new ones, or just get something else that was more affordable or easier to get ahold of. I wouldn't mind as much buying secondhand clothes if there was a reason to (like they are vintage) because they can be washed, though generally I don't need anything enough to buy it secondhand (like if it's too expensive new, I probably really don't need it that badly). But shoes can't be washed, which seems sort of gross.

I always buy shoes on ebay...not well used ones lol but nothing wrong with the odd wear...doesnt bother me at all 😅

I believe you're not supposed to because it can cause problems with your feet. I'm not 100% sure why but there was a thread about it on here a while back.
I've bought used/barely worn shoes for Lucas in the past and I was brought up wearing second-hand shoes, but I have a real problem with other people's feet so I wouldn't personally buy them for myself. Sold plenty though.

I ended up getting them. For £18. Which I think is a bargain. I'm a little grossed out about the fact that someones sweaty feet have been in them but will give them a good spray with some white vinegar if I can. If I still can't get past it I'll just resell or donate.
It wasn't a case of I couldn't afford them new, I'd saved some birthday money for some boots. They just don't sell them in my size anymore, and I haven't found another pair I love. Thanks all.

You could always buy some insoles for them, put a barrier between your feet touching where anothers feet have been :)haha:)

You could always buy some insoles for them, put a barrier between your feet touching where anothers feet have been :)haha:)

This is what my brother suggested, and taking them down to the market to get some cleaning stuff for them. They have a shoe Guy there. I lm usually a 6 but the boots are a 7 because the last pair I tried on in this brand were a bit tight so I could always wear 5 pairs of socks.

I have bought used shoes but only very lightly worn, or ones that the person has said were too big or small. I wouldn't buy if they had been worn a lot. I agree insoles are a good idea

No, personally shoes are the one thing (other than undies :haha: ) that I wouldn't buy second hand!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->