Would you change your plans ttc?

fxmummyduck

Reaction score
I'm so happy for my sil, she's going to be getting married :) no official date set but it's provisionally summer 2016...

We were thinking of starting to ttc june/july 2015 so depending on how long it takes to conceive I could either have a young baby or be heavily pregnant. Either way this is a really big thing for her and I don't want to take any attention away from her with a new baby, or ruin her photos looking huge.

I don't know what to do :( I had a date set and now I may have to change it. What would you do?

Provisionally summer 2016 is a long way off so it depends if your prepared to out your life on hold for two years for 1 day. Personally I wouldn't change but it depends if you think you'll be queuing the whole time. I dint have siblings so Iv no idea what that would be like but it's only 1 day so it's a long time to wait...

Yep, I hear you. Exactly what I'm struggling with. It's not just that, but affects the age gap between my lo and a possible future baby . that's one thing that makes me think I don't want to wait...arghhh! It's so difficult.

If that is when you want to TTC then go for it. If you hold off for other people you could be waiting forever and you probably won't b the only one with a baby there.

My best friend is getting married in Dec 2015 and I'm a bridesmaid. I will either have a 3 month old baby or be heavily pregnant if all goes to plan. I don't think its taking the limelight, your life is as valid as hers and you and your OH have decided on this date together. Everyone has their own lives to lead and I'm sure she wouldn't be thinking anything negative! As cherrylips says, you won't be the only one there with a baby.

I agree don't change your plans you have your life to live as well.

I would leave the plan the way it is.

I would say live your life for you and your OH. As someone else said, you could be waiting forever ttc if you wait for other people.

If you are heavily pregnant, you will not ruin her pictures. And as others have said, you probably won't be the only one with a baby. People may coo over the baby some, but it's not going to take away from your sister.

I think you should keep your ttc plans.

If I was going to change it I would move it forward not further back. Yes it is a huge day for her but this is also a very important huge thing for you, so no I would not push it further back if I had already set a date x

No I wouldn't change my plans at all.

The first thing that came to mind when reading your post was would she change her plans to suit yours? Probably not :flower:

Thank you everyone for your support, I needed to hear that I wasn't just being selfish! I think I'm going to keep the plans the same, like you all say I can't just put our lives on hold, it affects my oh and my lo too and this was a plan for our family and what works for us. Somehow everything else will work with it too!

:) thanks again ladies

My usual rule is nope no way. But, if you get closer to the time and she's set the date and it would mean only delaying a month or 2 I would consider it (avoiding a due date around that time, I wouldn't avoid being heavily pregnant) I was delaying a couple months for my best friend's wedding last year (but then accidentally fell). But if you had difficulties TTC or if there are other reasons you're hoping for a specific due date, I would put your own family first.

I wouldn't change my plans at all!

I wouldn't change my plans at all. I was asked to be a bridesmaid when we were TTC but once I was pregnant we found out the wedding date was 2 weeks after my due date so I just had to pull out from the role. We then went to two weddings when DS1 was 2 weeks old (one being the one I was supposed to be a bridesmaid in) and another when he was 7 weeks old (my brothers). While people were naturally interested in our baby it didn't take any attention away from the couples getting married so I wouldn't worry about that :)

Weddings are just part of life, not something you should postpone your life for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->