• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Would you complain?

Nope wouldn't complain at all.

Maybe inappropriate but it's not a comment that would bother me. OP asked him what his plans were....he just said what they were.

No, I don't see it being complaint worthy, but then I don't find it offensive either, I have no issue with people having different opinions form me, unless it was something racial or something along those lines.

I understand the sensitive subject and I have strong options on abortion ... For me ... What other people do or don't do with their body is their business and unless I've walked a mile in someone else's shoes I don't see how I have a right to comment. But protesting in some ways is a good way to gauge public opinion, so it's useful, it's not something I could ever see myself ever doing for any cause but thankfully we aren't all as boring as me lol.

The short answer is no, you asked him what he was doing and he gave an answer, perhaps he should be aware then sometimes certain things shouldn't be discused but he was a ship worked not a doctor! As a nurse we generally keep our opinion to ourselves and we shouldn't discuss things like religion etc with patients but that's being a professional and there is a difference, that's not to sound snobbish, nothing wrong with working in TESCO, I'd certainly have no issue working there, but a professional is expected to be professional whereas a worker is expected to do a job.

So after my long drawn out, way off subject answer, personally for me no, I wouldn't complain.

No, I don't see it being complaint worthy, but then I don't find it offensive either, I have no issue with people having different opinions form me, unless it was something racial or something along those lines.

I understand the sensitive subject and I have strong options on abortion ... For me ... What other people do or don't do with their body is their business and unless I've walked a mile in someone else's shoes I don't see how I have a right to comment. But protesting in some ways is a good way to gauge public opinion, so it's useful, it's not something I could ever see myself ever doing for any cause but thankfully we aren't all as boring as me lol.

The short answer is no, you asked him what he was doing and he gave an answer, perhaps he should be aware then sometimes certain things shouldn't be discused but he was a ship worked not a doctor! As a nurse we generally keep our opinion to ourselves and we shouldn't discuss things like religion etc with patients but that's being a professional and there is a difference, that's not to sound snobbish, nothing wrong with working in TESCO, I'd certainly have no issue working there, but a professional is expected to be professional whereas a worker is expected to do a job.
So after my long drawn out, way off subject answer, personally for me no, I wouldn't complain.

I have to disagree, when dealing with public no matter what the job is you should have a professional manner.

I have to disagree, when dealing with public no matter what the job is you should have a professional manner.
I agree. And there is no need to have low expectations of people because of their level of education or the type of job they have. Plus, no managers want to scare away customers and lose money so they need to be professional. The best is for them to train their employees what not to say

Absolutely.

Flip if I were to complain about people in TESCO every time I get, oh twins did you have a vaginal delivery? Lol! Or did I breast feed? Are they natural or ivf? (When you have twins no question seems out of bounds)!

I am not by any means saying they are uneducated, just saying its different, if a nurse were to give her opinion on abortion, either way, to a patient that's wrong, but a check out clerk seems way different to me, but that's just my opinion. He never gave his opinion so much as to say he was going to a protests and there are tons of people who go to protests just because they enjoy the environment and buzz and actually have very little support for the cause.

Anyway, I stand by the fact that "I" wouldn't complain.

Added to that, even if the shop assistant said something which I would consider way out of order I may complain but I wouldn't stop shopping unless TESCO supported the idea.

No I wouldn't complain - it wasn't a personal attack, just an off the cuff response.

I would make a complaint. There are some things that are NOT appropriate between customer and employee and abortion, politics, and religion are some of them!

I would complain. Mentioning the exact reason for protest was done intentionally in order to make you think about it/look it up, and that's a form of advertising or pushing his beliefs. Think about it...imagine you had just had an abortion and were subjected to that wally and his bloody views in your face when all you want is a bit of shopping.

No I wouldn't... Not the best choice of chit chat and inappropriate but I wouldn't complain.

I would complain. Inappropriate to say the least. And I worked for asda for 13 years in all areas from checkouts to management in four different stores and this would never have been appropriate.

general chit chat shouldn't have the capacity to make someone stop and consider their life views.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->