would you have a home birth?

ticking.clock

Mum of 3
Reaction score
ok, i am pregnant with number 3, and interested in a home birth this time...

1st pregnancy............ everything was fine, 1 week overdue and had a painful yes but pretty relaxed labour that lasted 6 and a half hours from start to finish.

2nd pregnancy...... ok pregnancy until 5 months when ex crashed the car and it triggered labour, was given meds to stop contractions and managed to make it to 8 months without any other problems apart from contractions starting up every few weeks needing meds. Son born after a 6 hour labour weighing 6ld 6.5ozs but needed resusitated at birth as his cord was brittle and snapped as he was being born, this they say is down to the car crash.
we were discharged from hospital the next morning, he was 4 weeks prem but taking 6ozs at every feed!! hes now a healthy 12 yr old

i would love to try for a home birth but worried about the problems with sons labour will stop me from being able to have one,

what would you do???

The issues with your last baby were nothing to do with pregnancy or labour....it was due to the car accident if I am reading it right? So there's certainly no obvious reason you would be advised against a home birth. And ultimately it's your informed choice to make anyway :)

No one (including us!) can tell you what you should do. x

Totally go for it. Your problems last time were caused by external factors (the crash) nothing to do with your body so there's no reason this should be any different to your first pregnancy!! I ended up transferring for the last half hour and delivery of Freya but despite that I was at home for the majority and cannot recommend it enough! Xx

The issues you had with your son had nothing to do with your pregnancy, that was due to a accident. You won't have the same problems with #3 since it wasn't pregnancy related.

I think you would be a great candidate for a homebirth.

That was quite a traumatic pregnancy/birth you had last time but won't have any bearing on how things will happen this pregnancy/birth.

My son, my firstborn, wsa 9yo, 13yo and 17yo when I had my homebirths and I think the experience will be fantstic for him when he becomes a parent. My other children at my homebirth can't remember much about them but he does.

If you do have problems during pregnancy or early labour, you just transfer in. It is a woman's prerogative to change her mind ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->